Forms Ballet School - Discussion

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Forms Ballet School - Discussion

Postby for_friend » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 am

Hi All,

Any of u have any bad experiences with Forms Ballet School in Bukit Timah Plaza ? I'm looking for a ballet school for my 4 year old and have very bad call with the person in charge. He named himself Gary.

When he picked up the phone, he asked whether I'm looking for his school or another school in Bukit Timah. Then I said I've no preference and he insisted that I should make up my mind before I want to choose which school to choose. I then asked him to introduce his school and he's so Reluctant and started to shout at me and slammed down the phone ! Thats terrible ! Any of u got the principle's number or any teacher that I can call to complain ? Please pm me !

Or any review as the webpage is quite impressive ? If no choice, then I may enrol my kid sigh...

Cheers

for_friend
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schellen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:30 pm

If I were you, I would just find out whether that Gary is the boss or someone else. If someone else, lodge complain and hope boss isn't like Gary too. If it's Gary, take your business elsewhere.

Think about it, why choose a school who doesn't like you? Do you think the people there will be fair to your child? If they dare to treat adults like this, think of what they can do to a child. I don;t mean physical violence but sarcastic remarks, discouraging comments, biased treatment, etc.

There are many ballet schools in Singapore so you don't have to go to just that one. I don't know if this is a reputable school but I do remember trying to register my DD at a ballet school in Bt. Timah a few years ago. I changed my mind after being told that the waiting list was very long. My DD had already waited 6 months while I confirmed that she really really wanted to take up ballet.

In the end, I chose Crestar in Choa Chu Kang Centre, the building next to Lot 1. (Crestar has many branches.) Lessons are held in the music room (with bars and mirrors) in the Kinderland childcare centre on weekends. The teacher is experienced and very professional. She is not biased and the girls love being her students. My DD always enjoys ballet and she has been taking lessons from the same teacher since she was 3+. She is now 7.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JHJC » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:51 pm

There is another Ballet school at Bukit Timah Plaza. Think its First floor. Very crowded. Name of school is Attitude.
Not too sure if its good thou, i only buy my DD ballet accessories there.

JHJC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby for_friend » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:36 pm

JHJC wrote:There is another Ballet school at Bukit Timah Plaza. Think its First floor. Very crowded. Name of school is Attitude.
Not too sure if its good thou, i only buy my DD ballet accessories there.

Thanks alot! I'll check it out.

for_friend
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby for_friend » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Thanks for the reply. I just don't know how to lodge a complain. I'm trying to get to the principal of the school but don't know how to. Whenever I call back, its the guy that answers. Its just the way the school treats potential new customers. But I'm sure that the school is good, just a few of the bad seeds around. Let me see what I can do and feedback.

schellen wrote:If I were you, I would just find out whether that Gary is the boss or someone else. If someone else, lodge complain and hope boss isn't like Gary too. If it's Gary, take your business elsewhere.

Think about it, why choose a school who doesn't like you? Do you think the people there will be fair to your child? If they dare to treat adults like this, think of what they can do to a child. I don;t mean physical violence but sarcastic remarks, discouraging comments, biased treatment, etc.

There are many ballet schools in Singapore so you don't have to go to just that one. I don't know if this is a reputable school but I do remember trying to register my DD at a ballet school in Bt. Timah a few years ago. I changed my mind after being told that the waiting list was very long. My DD had already waited 6 months while I confirmed that she really really wanted to take up ballet.

In the end, I chose Crestar in Choa Chu Kang Centre, the building next to Lot 1. (Crestar has many branches.) Lessons are held in the music room (with bars and mirrors) in the Kinderland childcare centre on weekends. The teacher is experienced and very professional. She is not biased and the girls love being her students. My DD always enjoys ballet and she has been taking lessons from the same teacher since she was 3+. She is now 7.

for_friend
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schellen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Good luck! :D

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Mimosa_1001 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi, I had the same encountered as you. I was so pissed off with this man when I made enquiry at the school. He is VERY RUDE!!! Not sure if he is the boss but he said he is the person in charge.

Mimosa_1001
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby OO » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Gary is the husband of the principal Mrs Cheong. He's not a bad guy but somehow he speaks quite straightforward. Mrs Cheong is a nice ballet teacher indeed.

Perhaps try to talk to him with more patience you'll find him ok.=)

OO
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Forms Ballet School - Bukit Timah Plaza

Postby minchia » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:59 am

This response from me is so late... but anyway, I also had this very rude man talking to me at the counter when I was at Forms Ballet. I was just inquiring about classes. In the end I was so put-off by him I enrolled my child in Attitude Arts at the same building on level 1. I never regretted since.

minchia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Forms Ballet School - Discussion

Postby stillwakingsleep » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Forms is run by a couple, Mr and Mrs Cheong. Mrs Cheong teaches all the classes, from pre-primary to advanced, while Mr Cheong handles the admin – the dodgy website, letters to parents, calls etc. I attended the school from the time I was 3 till 15 haha. Mrs Cheong is lovely to the younger girls, but gets stricter as we grow up. Her class sizes (when I was there, I left in 2012) were quite large though (I think they hovered between 15-20), so it is entirely possible to not be called upon or corrected for an entire lesson. We were sometimes packed quite closely on the barres that ran along two walls, and some girls had to use flimsy portable barres on half of the third wall.

They have since relocated to YMCA if I am not wrong; they are no longer at bukit time plaza.

stillwakingsleep
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama