Any recommendation for piano, violin and ballet lesson?

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Any recommendation for piano, violin and ballet lesson?

Postby mumof3kids » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi,

I am a SAHM with 3 kids, my eldest is longing for piano lesson for years, as my hubby's income isn't high, barely abt 2k plus per mth. Thus, I dare not engage my eldest in any enrichment class so far. But, as she is at P1 this year, she has dealing with more friends who are from richer family, where they are able to engage in all sort of lessons that they are fancy with. My eldest begging and begging, I really cant bear to left her alone. But, if I engage her in piano class, then my son(2nd kid) who is asking for violin lesson will also asking for that. I am quite surprise when my boy asking for violin class as his teacher suspect him with autistic, later claimed he migh have ADHD, but after many consultation and therapies, all the therapists and psycologists concluded he is not, but just the behaviors is a bit wierd as he is not good in expressing his feeling. I am thinking he might just ask for fun only..But, day after day, he is asking again and again, he even came out the schedule, he wants the elder sister to learn piano, he himself learn violin, and he wanted the younger sister to learn ballet, as he know the younger sister loves dancing and singing.
Now, I am trying to persuade my hubby to fork out some cash every month, and I might do some online selling, i know these cant be a big amount, so, I need some recommedation here. Anyone knows where to engage kids with these lessons, with resonable fees and near to Hougang?

Thks in advance.
:thankyou:

mumof3kids
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Any recommendation for piano, violin and ballet lesson?

Postby summer » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:22 am

mumof3kids wrote:Hi,

I am a SAHM with 3 kids, my eldest is longing for piano lesson for years, as my hubby's income isn't high, barely abt 2k plus per mth. Thus, I dare not engage my eldest in any enrichment class so far. But, as she is at P1 this year, she has dealing with more friends who are from richer family, where they are able to engage in all sort of lessons that they are fancy with. My eldest begging and begging, I really cant bear to left her alone. But, if I engage her in piano class, then my son(2nd kid) who is asking for violin lesson will also asking for that. I am quite surprise when my boy asking for violin class as his teacher suspect him with autistic, later claimed he migh have ADHD, but after many consultation and therapies, all the therapists and psycologists concluded he is not, but just the behaviors is a bit wierd as he is not good in expressing his feeling. I am thinking he might just ask for fun only..But, day after day, he is asking again and again, he even came out the schedule, he wants the elder sister to learn piano, he himself learn violin, and he wanted the younger sister to learn ballet, as he know the younger sister loves dancing and singing.
Now, I am trying to persuade my hubby to fork out some cash every month, and I might do some online selling, i know these cant be a big amount, so, I need some recommedation here. Anyone knows where to engage kids with these lessons, with resonable fees and near to Hougang?

Thks in advance.
:thankyou:

try cc.

summer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jtoh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:27 am

For ballet, try the CCs. Some of the ballet classes at CCs are very good, depending on the teachers. And they're not expensive.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby sleepy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:27 am

Music lessons are high investment. Besides the monthly fees, have to take into consideration instruments cost too.
Need to buy a piano eventually if your dd is serious about pursuing. Violin needs to change too, until your ds reaches full size violin.

There's a Seimpi music school in Hougang.

Fees are reasonable for ballet at CC. Usually less than $100 for 8 lesson.
Fixed cost will be the leotard for exam, I heard different colours for different grades

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lil_jade » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi mumof3kids!

I think it's incredible that you're doing so much for your kids, and they are obviously very musically inclined to want music lessons too! :D

Coincidentally, I was looking for piano and ballet classes for my DD and her cousins, and yes, like some comments given already, I think CC is the best deal! It's not BAD service just cos it's cheap woh!

You live in Hougang right? I just told my SIL (she lives there too) that Punggol CC (the one at Ave 8 ) has YAMAHA electone lessons. It's $170+ for 11 1-hour lessons, class size is 6 - 10. I think it's really worth it! It's also according to age, and it's taught by Yamaha instructors following the syllabus and all. So it's branded but cheap.. hehehe....

Instrument, I was surfing wed and found this: http://www.cristofori.asia/ver2/sg/lm.php Not sure if it's good and I do believe it's for beginner... but affordable I think! Also not sure if it's for electone (gosh.. I'm totally zero when it comes to music!!! Someone please help!)

Punggol CC also has ballet too! And I believe there's a crestar near Hougang too? Don't need to go for the branded ones loh! My friend's DD learnt at Crestar, but was recommended by her teacher to audition at the Singapore Ballet Academy and got in! :D

I'm not sure if violin classes in CC are cheap? But would it be cheaper if both kids take the same instrument so they can take turns practicing so you need so buy 1 instrument?

All the best! :D

lil_jade
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Go for trial lessons before you sign up your kid

Postby cozi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:36 am

Hi mumof3kids,

I guess it would be a good idea to let your kids attend some trial lesson first to see how is their response like.

Many of the music schools do provide trial lessons before you sign up with them. If they do not advertise the trial, you can try to ask them for a free trial.

There is a Piano Fair in April 2011 @ Suntec City where Yamaha Music School is going to conduct free trial lessons for people who call them up to book a place.

More details can be found on this thread http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... hp?t=20701

cozi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Kimmey168 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi -
you may want to rent the violin since your child will need to start with child sized violin before progressing to adult size violin. Rental violins are more affordable and you can change the size without having to worry about what to do with the existing violin. Check out the following websites for more information:

http://violinlessonsingapore.com
http://stradivaristrings.com

You can arrange a trial lesson at our school to see if your child likes the music instrument.

Good luck!

Kimmey168
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re:

Postby peanut_butter » Wed May 04, 2011 12:58 am

lil_jade wrote:Instrument, I was surfing wed and found this: http://www.cristofori.asia/ver2/sg/lm.php Not sure if it's good and I do believe it's for beginner... but affordable I think! Also not sure if it's for electone

No way! It's for 4 years old who start out in group appreciation class.

peanut_butter
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LovingBrahms » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi mumof3kids,

I know this is really late. But if you are still hanging around the forum, I'm willing to teach your eldest daughter at a fee that you are able to afford.

I understand parents who have financial difficulty and yet have children who are very keen to learn. I'm very willing to teach children who are willing to initiate the effort to learn. So if you are still there, do drop me a pm and I can let you on my teaching background etc. Please do not mind about the fees if your daughter interest is still there. As for your son, I'm sorry but I wouldn't be able to help. . .

Btw, I'm located in Hougang area too.

LovingBrahms
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama