Act3 international

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Act3 international

Postby Tika » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:02 am

Hi

Just signed up with act3's 18to36mth wkend class. My 19mth girl isn't verbal yet and I suddenly have a feeling she wouldn't benefit much from the class at her age now. Bah. Kiasu parent, made payment already so nonchoice gotta go thru with it. But I know that my girl will like being ard children her age cos each time we send her 3 yr old Sis to school, she'll want to run into class and play with the rest. So hopefully money is spent well (altho impulsively).

Anyone with toddies her age and in one of act3's classes? Which teacher is supposedly good? I heard April is gd. Stephanie is new but has potential. Anyone in Melissa's class?

Tika
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Act3 international

Postby Advisepls » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:10 pm

Tika wrote:Hi

Just signed up with act3's 18to36mth wkend class. My 19mth girl isn't verbal yet and I suddenly have a feeling she wouldn't benefit much from the class at her age now. Bah. Kiasu parent, made payment already so nonchoice gotta go thru with it. But I know that my girl will like being ard children her age cos each time we send her 3 yr old Sis to school, she'll want to run into class and play with the rest. So hopefully money is spent well (altho impulsively).

Anyone with toddies her age and in one of act3's classes? Which teacher is supposedly good? I heard April is gd. Stephanie is new but has potential. Anyone in Melissa's class?

Ms Melissa took my class in school that day when ms April was sick. She was quite nice and she likes to make sure we have fun. However, I don't however, take her classes in my weekend classes so I don't know her very well. This is just my first impression of her :)

Advisepls
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Tika » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:56 am

Advisepls wrote:

Ms Melissa took my class in school that day when ms April was sick. She was quite nice and she likes to make sure we have fun. However, I don't however, take her classes in my weekend classes so I don't know her very well. This is just my first impression of her :)

My 3 yr old just started Melissa's weekend morning class. But dd doesn't seem to take her very well. But as its a no parent class, I'm not able to tell whether she truly enjoys (or doesn't enjoy) Melissa's class. But whenever she's asked, she'd say she likes Teacher Stephanie more. lol prolly she's just so used to Stephanie. One thing I know for sure, Melissa is LOUD. haha. Whenever I'm in the room next door (Green Room) I can hardly hear the kids' voices but I can hear Melissa so clearly! Haha.

My 20 mth old is in April's weekend morning class. But April has been on MC the past few classes that I have yet to experience a class with her. How do you find teacher April?

Tika
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Advisepls » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Tika wrote:
Advisepls wrote:

My 3 yr old just started Melissa's weekend morning class. But dd doesn't seem to take her very well. But as its a no parent class, I'm not able to tell whether she truly enjoys (or doesn't enjoy) Melissa's class. But whenever she's asked, she'd say she likes Teacher Stephanie more. lol prolly she's just so used to Stephanie. One thing I know for sure, Melissa is LOUD. haha. Whenever I'm in the room next door (Green Room) I can hardly hear the kids' voices but I can hear Melissa so clearly! Haha.

My 20 mth old is in April's weekend morning class. But April has been on MC the past few classes that I have yet to experience a class with her. How do you find teacher April?

Teacher April is really nice and funny! She rarely scolds anybody.
By the way. I think that the rooms have some sort of echo. When I'm in them i can hear a pin drop! hahas

Advisepls
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby micollh » Thu May 19, 2011 3:08 pm

i intend to let my DD to join the June holiday program, this round is pinnochio. any feedback to share? is it good? the children benefit fromt it? Thanks

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby micollh » Thu May 19, 2011 3:34 pm

jessicawongcs wrote:it's a 5 days program where u just leave ur child there for 3hrs (i think, cant rem) abt 1 hr to 1 and half hr later they will be out for a break so do pack some light snacks for ur child.
on the 3rd or 4th day, they will go to the threatre for practice and usually by now the teachers will tell u what ur child will be performing and even let u know any requirement on the dressing.
the performance day is usually on sat, where they will show u all the children performing. very interesting and nice, u get to see them perform something and how brave everyone is :)

hope ur DD enjoys it as my DS enjoys it for the past 3 holidays programs with them. but this yr we didnt let him go :) he learns how to be more independant, socialable and not scare of the stage and performing

Thanks for sharing ! do we need to buy the costume for the performance? i would love to see their performance. it surely very touching right ? seeing ur child being on stage ...

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby micollh » Thu May 19, 2011 4:08 pm

sorry sorry one more q. we cannot stay back to see they practise during the 5 days? we just leave them there and come back later?

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Tika » Thu May 19, 2011 9:06 pm

micollh wrote:sorry sorry one more q. we cannot stay back to see they practise during the 5 days? we just leave them there and come back later?

Yup, just drop them there and go off. They dont allow parents in class. U can hang ard in the green room (waiting rm). I'm sending my dd for the pinocchio programme too. :) Your DD is attending which wk of the hols?

Tika
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Tika » Thu May 19, 2011 9:15 pm

I agree. Teacher April is really funny! And she engages the below 3 yr olds very well. I would love to carry on with her class but my DD2 really doesn't like the class. She has hissy fits every now and then. lol. So it's just DD1 with Teacher Melissa now. I'm pretty psyched Abt their upcoming performance for Fantasmogoria. Haven't watch it yet but very proud of her already. Hai. Typical mother. :P

Tika
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby quirkymum » Fri May 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi,

Can I find out how Act3 International is different from Julia Gabriel?

quirkymum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama