Piano 0 grader

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Piano 0 grader

Postby jo.ong » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi there,

:?: Could someone please shed some light as to what is cover under 0 grade? :oops: How to get from 0 grade to grade 1...

Thanks,

jo.ong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Piano 0 grader

Postby kellytang » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm

jo.ong wrote:Hi there,

:?: Could someone please shed some light as to what is cover under 0 grade? :oops: How to get from 0 grade to grade 1...

Thanks,

There's no grade 0 only beginner lol

kellytang
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jo.ong » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:30 pm

Oh pls.... spare me! I just need to know what is cover for beginner before one starts Grade 1.

jo.ong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jce » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Simple rhythms, some note reading, knowing various positions on the piano (C position, G position), recognising high and low pitch, loud and soft.

jce
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby laughingcat » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:06 pm

jce wrote:Simple rhythms, some note reading, knowing various positions on the piano (C position, G position), recognising high and low pitch, loud and soft.

also strengthening fingers. Ability to play left hand as well.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby heyhoe » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Is it pre-foundation? My ds2 takes the exam for pre-foundation. It's more for the experience.

According to his piano teacher, since he's still young he wouldn't be too nervous for the test. So, if he pursues it will be good since he has the experience.

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jo.ong » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi there,

I'm just not too sure as to what are really taught at beginner level and then what is taught at Grade 1. :faint: Does beginner covers scales? It has been more than a year since my DS took the lesson... just beginning this year, JT's easy piano part 3 was introduced... Haiz, dun know what to do... :(

jo.ong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby 3kiddos » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:30 pm

jo.ong wrote:Hi there,

I'm just not too sure as to what are really taught at beginner level and then what is taught at Grade 1. :faint: Does beginner covers scales? It has been more than a year since my DS took the lesson... just beginning this year, JT's easy piano part 3 was introduced... Haiz, dun know what to do... :(

Hi, what exactly are worried about? My 8yo dd1 has also been taking piano lessons for almost a year and not doing scales in terms of the Grade 1 exam scales but more finger-strengthening scales etc and I can see that her playing and note reading is improving all the time. I'm happy with her progress so far (sometimes she even learns pieces in the books on her own before teacher teaches). I will leave it to teacher to recommend when she's ready to prep for exams. Are you hoping/expecting him to take exams soon?

3kiddos
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jo.ong » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi 3kiddos,

Sight reading is not that great :oops: . Short fingers as DS is 5-1/2 years so was told it will take longer time for her to achieve G1. I taught some grade 1 scales ie C, D, F & G majors.... not a problem for DS.

jo.ong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby 3kiddos » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:45 pm

jo.ong wrote:Hi 3kiddos,

Sight reading is not that great :oops: . Short fingers as DS is 5-1/2 years so was told it will take longer time for her to achieve G1. I taught some grade 1 scales ie C, D, F & G majors.... not a problem for DS.

He is only 5 :D My dd started piano only at age 7 so probably remembering notes (sight-reading) is easier for her. For the moment though, I love that she just loves to play - don't need to chase her to practise at all. I'm in no hurry for her to undergo grading but if you have goals for him, perhaps you can let the teacher know?

3kiddos
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama