any music centre teach 'Carr Orff' music in Singapore ?

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

any music centre teach 'Carr Orff' music in Singapore ?

Postby phtthp » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:29 pm

hi,

does anyone know which music centre in SG teach German 'Carr Orff' music to pre-schoolers (aged >=4 yrs old, Nursery N2, K1, K2 kids) using xylophone and piano ?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: any music centre teach 'Carr Orff' music in Singapore ?

Postby dovetail » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:55 pm

I'm not sure if it's the same Orff. My girl's piano teacher knows Orff music. I think she was trained. She introduced it to Ascension Kindergarten last time. She has left many years ago. You can check if Ascension still does Orff music. Ascension has a lot of good percussion instruments. It used to have a good music program, not sure about now.

When I see her next week, I can check with her where else to learn Orff.

dovetail
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby phtthp » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:01 am

hi dovetail,

Thanks for the useful tip. However, my child not in Ascension kindergarten. Hence, would appreciate very much if you can help ask yr friend, see if this music teacher is teaching 'Carr Orff' music anywhere.

'Carr Orff' music founded by German composer has a very unique way of imparting musical skills to children. Thank you so much for yr great help, sweetie!

truly appreciate very much,
:thankyou:

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:41 am

not sure if anywhere in SG teach pre-school kids how to play xylophone like what German kids learn how to play, this video clip:-

http://www.schooltube.com/video/6a6dc82 ... -Carl-Orff

or play some instruments like this:-
http://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&sourc ... -0gYRYqbDw

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Wan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:01 am

Hmm...my K2 son's Pcf teaches xylophone & other percussion. But frankly, I dunno if it is orff way or not. I'm not sure how his class was conducted, only attended their performance

Wan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby meiah » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:54 am

dovetail wrote:I'm not sure if it's the same Orff. My girl's piano teacher knows Orff music. I think she was trained. She introduced it to Ascension Kindergarten last time. She has left many years ago. You can check if Ascension still does Orff music. Ascension has a lot of good percussion instruments. It used to have a good music program, not sure about now.

When I see her next week, I can check with her where else to learn Orff.

Ascension should be using ABC Music & Me from Kindermusik cos my dd receives the take home kits. As for Orff, not sure if have.

meiah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby dovetail » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:37 am

Phtthp,

couldn't watch your video as iPad has no flash. Saw the instruments in the linked site. YES, her teacher was using those instruments, the glockenspiels and xylophones. She told me when she joined Ascension, she introduced Orff to the school. I guess they discontinued as they couldn't get trained teachers to carry it on.

dovetail
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jce » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:18 pm

It's Carl Orff. There's a training held in S'pore every other year but sorry, don't know any schools who have trained teachers teaching using this method.

jce
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jce » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:25 pm

There's an Orff association in S'pore. Maybe you can contact them at 6452311 and check whether there are any trained teachers around using this method to teach in music schools or privately. I hope this association is still around and that the number is still in use. Info I have is from a few years back.

jce
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby fristrom » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:55 am

Completed Orff level 1 last year, just for fun. For about 30 students in my group, some are private music teacher, some are music teacher in pre-school, primary school etc. I don't think there is any music program that uses exclusively Orff approach (nor Kodaly, nor Dalcroze, nor even Suzuki etc.). A typical pre-school music program will be taking methods/philosophy from different schools. What really matters, as far as these programs are concerned, is that the teacher has to love music and teaching.

fristrom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama