Yamaha Music Wonderland - Discussion

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Yamaha Music Wonderland - Discussion

Postby edhazelk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:17 pm

hi,

My son is 3.5yrs old and I am interested in enrolling my son to either Edvox or Yamaha.

Called Edvox and there's no plan for their new class.
Called Yamaha in Tampines and the person seems to be unsure on the info that she was telling me but she emphasised more on telling me to make payment. Its like she will not give additional info if I do not ask.
Its like I asked for the course fee, then she tells me...N asked further then she told me that I have to pay for the course materials. ASked further, then she said I have to pay a deposit. Lastly, tell me that I have to pay a registration fee.
I really do not know what other hidden cost is involved.

When I dropped by last weekend, there were 4 ladies at the counter. One of them were attending to a customer. The remaining 3 ladies seem to be restless. I stood there with my son for quite sometime; looking through the pamplet. Wanted to approach to one of them to get more info on what's being learn/teach in class but the remaining 3 ladies does not seems to be interested in attending to me. Hence I just walked off.

Actually my concern is if the teacher the same as well? Listless? Show no cocern to the students?

edhazelk
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Yamaha Music Wonderland- Tampines Branch

Postby edhazelk » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:39 pm

Anybody joining the class on Oct 1?

edhazelk
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Dreamaurora » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:29 pm

edhazelk wrote:hi,

My son is 3.5yrs old and I am interested in enrolling my son to either Edvox or Yamaha.

Called Edvox and there's no plan for their new class.
Called Yamaha in Tampines and the person seems to be unsure on the info that she was telling me but she emphasised more on telling me to make payment. Its like she will not give additional info if I do not ask.
Its like I asked for the course fee, then she tells me...N asked further then she told me that I have to pay for the course materials. ASked further, then she said I have to pay a deposit. Lastly, tell me that I have to pay a registration fee.
I really do not know what other hidden cost is involved.

When I dropped by last weekend, there were 4 ladies at the counter. One of them were attending to a customer. The remaining 3 ladies seem to be restless. I stood there with my son for quite sometime; looking through the pamplet. Wanted to approach to one of them to get more info on what's being learn/teach in class but the remaining 3 ladies does not seems to be interested in attending to me. Hence I just walked off.

Actually my concern is if the teacher the same as well? Listless? Show no cocern to the students?

I tink most of the counter staff in music schools are not teachers , hence most of them appear bo chup and restless. What you can do is maybe to ask them for the contact number of that branch principal so you can ask him/her directly about the course.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dimension » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:22 pm

hi! did u sign up in the end? i tried to but full already. seems the class fill up very fast. i'm on mailing list for next run

dimension
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sooe » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 am

Hi all, anyone has recommendation for good music classes to start the kids off with? I'm in the east too, so something at marine parade or tampines works. Did any of you get into Edvox or landed up in yamaha?

sooe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby waiyean » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:37 am

Hi, there is Seimpi School of Music at White Sands. Very good group classes.

waiyean
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sooe » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:16 am

Thanks waiyean. Your child is with seimpi? How old? Mine are 2 & 4. Pls pm me details of ur child's class

sooe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby peanut_butter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Can http://absolutepiano.com.sg/piano-lessons/contact-us/. They specialize in kiddy music & movement. They have a New branch at east Tampines and conduct trial group lessons on Saturdays. Althought we are renting the same music centre, I never had time to sit in. So I cannot share my experience.

peanut_butter
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Yamaha Music Wonderland - Discussion

Postby katongmum » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:52 pm

I have Yamaha music wonderland books to let go. Please email banjia@ymail.com if keen

katongmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Yamaha Music Wonderland - Discussion

Postby angmatthew » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:34 pm

I have music wonderland level 2 books to let go. Email me at angmatthew@hotmail.com. I am pulling my daughter out of yamaha. They increase the term fees by a whopping 30% without giving me notice and after I have bought the course materials. Very unprofessional . Barring SOS that, I have to be fair to the music teacher. I think she is quite good.

Personally, I think it is too expensive to spend close to 2k just to have some singing and clapping ...

angmatthew
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama