Magic Fiddler

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Magic Fiddler

Postby arielle08 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:44 am

Any one had any experience with Magic Fiddler?
http://magicfiddler.com/

I am interested in the branch at City Square. Emailed them but no replies.

Greatly appreciate all replies.
Thank you.

arielle08
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Magic Fiddler

Postby ilovemusic » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:07 am

I used to teach at the orchard branch...

ilovemusic
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby arielle08 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi ilovemusic,
How is the syllabus there?
Isst good?
Thanks.

arielle08
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ilovemusic » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:46 pm

I am not sure if i am to speak well/ bad about it, so i'll take a neutral stand. I guess the syllabus is ok. However, i think the best is to let your child have a trial class, and then decide from there. I think beside the syllabus, the teacher also plays a big role. It also boils down to how the teacher delivers the syllabus. Btw, city square is not the main branch, it is a franchaise branch.

ilovemusic
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby arielle08 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:23 pm

I was told the trial class is $20 but the fees are quite exp.

arielle08
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ilovemusic » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:08 am

Oh i can't help but agree that the fees are a bit on the high side. But parents still bring their kids to the sch (i don't know why). Just for your info, the teachers there aren't local. I don't know whether its good/ bad news. Anyway since the trial class is $20 (i thought it is $40?), might as well let your child try it out?

ilovemusic
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby princesskaris » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Ilovemusic
Is the ang mo kio branch a franchise too? Any idea about the upcoming new branch at junction ten? Care to share more about what teachers do for the 0-3 years old course? I'm thinking of putting my daughter there. Tia.

princesskaris
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ilovemusic » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:53 pm

princesskaris wrote:Ilovemusic
Is the ang mo kio branch a franchise too? Any idea about the upcoming new branch at junction ten? Care to share more about what teachers do for the 0-3 years old course? I'm thinking of putting my daughter there. Tia.

Yes amk is also a franchise. As for the one at junction ten, i am not sure as I have already left. For the 0-3 years old, they are doing a program called music together, a music and movement kind of class. Singing, moving with the music and percussion play. The class is 45 minutes per week, in a group and one parent have to attend with the child. As for the fees, I can't remember.

There are a lot of things regarding this school which I don't think I should write here. Everything always looks nice on the outside. But oh wells, if you are keen to let your daughter try, just sign up for a trial. They will probably brag that their program is from the US bla bla, but seriously the teachers teaching it are not trained by the founders from US, and they just probably teach it after watching the teaching video and stuff.

ilovemusic
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby princesskaris » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:50 pm

ilovemusic

thanks for your inputs. i shortlisted magic fiddler due to its accessibility to my mum's place as my mum is looking after my daughter. I am intending to shortlist a few music schools around the vicinity first before making any decision. To add on, It's a little difficult for me because I am not trained in music and I think I can's really assess if a school is good in terms of music delivery based on my limited music knowledge. :)

Thanks once again.

princesskaris
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Dreamaurora » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:15 pm

princesskaris wrote:ilovemusic

thanks for your inputs. i shortlisted magic fiddler due to its accessibility to my mum's place as my mum is looking after my daughter. I am intending to shortlist a few music schools around the vicinity first before making any decision. To add on, It's a little difficult for me because I am not trained in music and I think I can's really assess if a school is good in terms of music delivery based on my limited music knowledge. :)

Thanks once again.

If you are looking for a music school you should try to have a trial lesson first on the time slot you are looking for. On this trial lesson make sure you discuss with the teacher thoroughly on his/her lesson structure, the material he/she use, and how long he/she plan to continue working in the music school. If the teacher is confident in giving the answers, then can consider the teacher.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama