ANJ Dance School - Discussion

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

ANJ Dance School - Discussion

Postby soursop » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi! I just started DD1 in Latin jive in this school late last year. Wonder if there are any mummies out there with their kids in this school? The instructors looks pretty impressive. Looking forward to sharing some notes and experiences.

Just curious....are Latin Dances a consideration when applying to enter some selected schools? DD loves to dance and that's why we let her join this class but if it can be used for school admission...then it's a plus!!! :imcool:

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: ANJ Dance School

Postby Mummy_Tang » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:48 pm

soursop wrote:Hi! I just started DD1 in Latin jive in this school late last year. Wonder if there are any mummies out there with their kids in this school? The instructors looks pretty impressive. Looking forward to sharing some notes and experiences.

Just curious....are Latin Dances a consideration when applying to enter some selected schools? DD loves to dance and that's why we let her join this class but if it can be used for school admission...then it's a plus!!! :imcool:

HI Soursop,

how's yr gal doing in Latin Jive in this school? does she like it? Are there exams such as CSTD or RAD or ATOD?

thanks,

Mummy_Tang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby soursop » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi Mummy_Tang,

My girl is doing great at ANJ. She's being picked to do performance with a partner under private coaching now. They are training her to perform for events and shows next year in schools, CCs..etc. But most importantly she's enjoying it. I consider this as her weekly workout as she does work a sweat after every session. Dancing seems to be something that she really like so we are just supporting her interest and hobby.

Yes they have exams after every level. So they go by Beginner, Imtermediate, Advance L1 and Advance L2. An examiner from UK will come to evaluate them in each exam. Currently she's doing Jive and Cha Cha Cha. She'll have to go on the rest (samba..brachata..rumba..salsa...etc) and then go on to techniques as well.

Latin is not as popular as ballet so class size is small. However, this school does have some student in SOTA and do training for them.

Are you thinking of sending your child there?

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Mummy_Tang » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi soursop,

I am shortlisting 1 or 2 Latin dance school for my gal... will prob check them out after CNY.

Happy that yr gal is enjoying!

Thanks for yr reply!

Mummy_Tang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: ANJ Dance School - Discussion

Postby chubby mum » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:52 pm

My gal is in shawn&gladys currently n am considering changing her school coz they kept adding new students to current classes n the teacher's attention seems diversified not focused. Also the new girls are of different age group. Looks messy. Does anj do the same by putting new students into current classes?
Are the teachers friendly n responsible?
Appreciate any feedback/comments?
Thanks!

chubby mum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama