Booking studio during pre-piano exam period

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Booking studio during pre-piano exam period

Postby Udon » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:04 pm

I would like to find out is it a must to book studio for my child to practice before exam?

The studio which we are attending charging 30mins/ S$30....

Udon
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Booking studio during pre-piano exam period

Postby Dreamaurora » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Udon wrote:I would like to find out is it a must to book studio for my child to practice before exam?

It is best for a exam taking student to have at least a couple lessons in the exam venue so the teacher can conduct a mock exam there and also to make adjustments to the playing as the exam piano may be quite different than what the student played at home and in lesson. However, in the event that teacher is unable to conduct the lessons at the exam venue, I think the least a student can do is to rent at least one session to try out the piano and familiarise with the surrounding. It is not a must, but for students with limited performing experience it can help to ease the nerve substantially on the actual day.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Booking studio during pre-piano exam period

Postby Udon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Thanks for sharing......... :smile:

Dreamaurora wrote:
Udon wrote:I would like to find out is it a must to book studio for my child to practice before exam?

It is best for a exam taking student to have at least a couple lessons in the exam venue so the teacher can conduct a mock exam there and also to make adjustments to the playing as the exam piano may be quite different than what the student played at home and in lesson. However, in the event that teacher is unable to conduct the lessons at the exam venue, I think the least a student can do is to rent at least one session to try out the piano and familiarise with the surrounding. It is not a must, but for students with limited performing experience it can help to ease the nerve substantially on the actual day.

Udon
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama