All About English Speech & Drama Enrichment

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Which is your preferred Speech & Drama Enrichment Programme for Pre-schoolers?

Act3 Theatrics
16%
Acts Of Life
1%
British Council
9%
Center Stage School of the Arts
2%
Edufarm Learning Centre
1%
Helen O'Grady Drama Singapore
4%
Hess Education Centre
1%
Julia Gabriel Centre For Learning
27%
Lorna Whiston Study Centres
24%
Magic Moments
5%
Monsters Under The Bed
No votes
Studio Wu - Wu Kidz Club
1%
The Ballet and Music Company
2%
[Others - Please specify in thread]
7%

Total votes : 164

All About English Speech & Drama Enrichment

Postby lovebearsallthings » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:53 am

Title: Speech and Drama lessons at Yew Tee/Choa Chu Kang/B Panjang

Hi,

Does anyone know of any Speech and Drama lessons at Yew Tee, Choa Chu Kang or Bukit Panjang? Would prefer nearer to Yew Tee though.

I am looking for a Speech and Drama (one hour type) of enrichment programme for my child, about 3.5 years old. I know Julia Gabriel and Lorna Whiston has such programs, but they are kind of far.

Please enlighten! Thank you. :)

lovebearsallthings
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Speech & Drama Class

Postby rockmoo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:47 am

[Moderator's note: Topics merged.]

Hi all parents out there,

My girl is now 21 months old. She's full of expression and love to shake her body when she hears music. In terms of speech, she's only able to greet people and articulate some 1-2 syllabus words.

Should I send her for Speeach & Drama Class? Is she too young for this? I think she may enjoy the class since she loves to shake, dance and music. What recommendations would you have. I was considering Act3 but not sure if it is good.

See her "performance" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af7JQ7FbsTY

rockmoo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi,
Kids at this age like to sway and dance to music. While your kid may be too early for Speech and Drama, you may want to check out Kindermusik programme. There are trial classes available.

At this time, I am just contented dancing with my 20mth old to the music of Hot Diggety Dog ... :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby amylqf » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:50 pm

I will wait until the child is older a bit attend S & D class. I feel that S & D is helpful with my dd's confidence. she used to be shy. now people comment to me that she is more open up.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby VooVoo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Any recommendations for speech & drama classes? I know of ACT3...any other schools?

VooVoo
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Speech and Drama Enrichment Course for 3yrs old

Postby FMS » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:11 pm

[Moderator's note: Topics merged.]

Hi Mummies & Daddies,

My son is 3ys old and we r staying in Ghim Moh (Borna Vista). Being a Kiasu parent i m of course looking out for courses for my son :lol: .
I m thinking of puting him in speech and drama cos he a very shy so thought of training him to b able to speak in front of ppl. Now he see ppl he hide(v terrible) :cry:

Please give me some recommendation - hope to find 1 that is cheap and good and near my place (i noe its in my dream but i m hoping tat my dream will come true hehehe.... :lol: )

FMS
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby shopaholic » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:06 pm

VooVoo wrote:Any recommendations for speech & drama classes? I know of ACT3...any other schools?

Lorna Whiston Speech and Drama.

shopaholic
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby J2mum » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:05 am

Try looking into Community center website for Speed and Drama Class.
I sent my 4yo ger to Kembangan CC for English Speed and Drama class conducted by Magic Moment. So far she enjoys it very much. The teacher teach phonics as well. I pay $120 + $10 material free per term. cant rbr is 10 weeks or 12 weeks per term.

J2mum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby matrix0405 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:13 pm

She is too young to follow instructions and hence benefit fully. If she is enrolled in a big class, likely she will 'ignored' as the jucier parts are given to kids who can take instructions. Save your money for a later time.

matrix0405
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jedamum » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:04 am

J2mum wrote:I sent my 4yo ger to Kembangan CC for English Speed and Drama class conducted by Magic Moment.

I sent my 6yo (then 4yo) to Magic Moment's holiday S&D twice. The first time my boy enjoyed himself, but the second time was a disaster. He had since told me that he won't want to go any more. So it still depends on who is conducting the lessons. Additionally, the centre did not even bother to acknowledge my email to them on areas I felt that they could do better.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama