Drum?

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Drum?

Postby heyhoe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:36 am

Hi,

I want to know if anyone has his/her child learning to play drum. My child who's 4 has been asking for it.

Do you think it is suitable to learn at this age? I've reservation as I'm not sure how long his interest will last. Also, as it's rather loud, I wonder if this will affect the neighbours?

Appreciate your feedback.

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mommylove27 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:17 pm

You can try Music Clef at Suntec. Their drum lessons are quite good.

mommylove27
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby heyhoe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:47 am

Hi mommylove27

Thanks, will keep this in mind.

Cheers,

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Drum?

Postby acforfamily » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:01 am

heyhoe wrote:My child who's 4 has been asking for it.

my son wanted to learn everything when he was that age, including violin and drums. After he asks for it for a while, he will forget and then move on to something else...
now that he is older, he wants to learn less cos it means less playing time for him :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.musicbookstrade.blogspot.com/

acforfamily
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Drum?

Postby heyhoe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:53 am

:lol: How true.

I bought my ds for a trial last week. I don't think he's ready yet cause he's rather short for his age, plus too playful....just wanna hit. I guess we will wait a while more.

acforfamily wrote:
heyhoe wrote:My child who's 4 has been asking for it.

my son wanted to learn everything when he was that age, including violin and drums. After he asks for it for a while, he will forget and then move on to something else...
now that he is older, he wants to learn less cos it means less playing time for him :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.musicbookstrade.blogspot.com/

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:11 pm

My son is 2.5yo & he started to hold sticks & 'play' drums since he was 18mths.

He's having 'unofficial' lessons with my cousins who are drummers on a mini set my mum bought for him. He can understand basic rhythm and imitate the sets that my cousins show him. He can beat a simple rhythm on the drums to follow any music that is being played (he prefers the fast tunes).

I'm looking for a music school that will offer lessons for 3yo, anyone has good recommendations? I'm willing to travel around SG since my parents are the ones who are insisting that we should send him for lessons & they've volunteered to ferry him to classes.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby heyhoe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Congrats! your ds has good sounds of rhytm.

Why don't you try Music Clef as suggested by mommylove27. :wink:

mrswongtuition wrote:My son is 2.5yo & he started to hold sticks & 'play' drums since he was 18mths.

He's having 'unofficial' lessons with my cousins who are drummers on a mini set my mum bought for him. He can understand basic rhythm and imitate the sets that my cousins show him. He can beat a simple rhythm on the drums to follow any music that is being played (he prefers the fast tunes).

I'm looking for a music school that will offer lessons for 3yo, anyone has good recommendations? I'm willing to travel around SG since my parents are the ones who are insisting that we should send him for lessons & they've volunteered to ferry him to classes.

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby BlueBells » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:30 pm

I only have one comment : please sound proof the room where your child will be practising drums.

My mum's new neighbour is a nightmare - he plays drums at full force and it can last 3 hours at a go. When he does that, my mum has to close all doors and windows to shut out the drummings. And trust me, many neighbours have "invited" the men in blue over for this reason.

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:08 pm

I've called them & their fees are abit exp, plus their schedule does not really fit ours (clash with my son's swimming class).

heyhoe wrote:Congrats! your ds has good sounds of rhytm.

Why don't you try Music Clef as suggested by mommylove27. :wink:

mrswongtuition wrote:My son is 2.5yo & he started to hold sticks & 'play' drums since he was 18mths.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mrswongtuition » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 pm

BlueBells wrote:I only have one comment : please sound proof the room where your child will be practising drums.

My mum's new neighbour is a nightmare - he plays drums at full force and it can last 3 hours at a go. When he does that, my mum has to close all doors and windows to shut out the drummings. And trust me, many neighbours have "invited" the men in blue over for this reason.

I won't be buying a drum, my house is small :) But I've ordered an electronic practise pad for him. Can plug headphones so will not disturb neighbours :)

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama