Too late to start learning piano at 7yrs old?

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Too late to start learning piano at 7yrs old?

Postby puffybelle » Mon May 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Is it too late to start learning piano at 7yrs old?
Any good piano school or teacher to recommend?

puffybelle
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Too late to start learning piano at 7yrs old?

Postby halost » Mon May 21, 2012 5:12 pm

No i nv too late to learn..i have intro natgoh from kiasu parents the tutor who teaches beginner lesson for student

halost
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby halost » Mon May 21, 2012 5:13 pm

hi natgoh, i have a good recommendation for this music teacher her details are Experience Music Qualifications: - Dance & Music Master Performance, Avex Artist Academy, Tokyo Japan. (2009-2011) - BA (HONS) Music Degree in Classical Music Performance, Lasalle College of the Arts Singapore (2009) - Diploma in Classical Music Performance, Lasalle College of the Arts Singapore (2005-2008) - ABRSM GRADE 8 Piano, Theory & Singing - Passed with Distinction Teaching Experience: 5 years of music teaching experience in various private and government schools like Republic Poly, Ang Mo Kio Secondary, Pasir Ris Primary and many others. feel free to contact me if you need any more details..

halost
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Dreamaurora » Tue May 22, 2012 11:48 am

puffybelle wrote:Is it too late to start learning piano at 7yrs old?
Any good piano school or teacher to recommend?

For parents who ask me this question, I will ask them back "too late for what?" No hurry for piano, even the piano exams can be taken at leisurely pace and there is no time limit to complete them. I started out much later at 17 years old and still managed to get my degree in piano, so there you go.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pen88n » Tue May 22, 2012 12:05 pm

It's never too late to learn anything if there is the interest. No doubt being "older" may mean you have more "things" (homework, other responsibilities) to cope with, but if there is the interest, the kid will find the time to practise and cultivate that interest.

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SnowieBob » Tue May 22, 2012 12:08 pm

Yes, it's never too late to learn anything if you are determine to!

SnowieBob
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Champion » Tue May 22, 2012 8:02 pm

:hi5: It's never late to start learning anything.

My dd2 who just turned 7 years old 2 weeks ago started her 1st touch on the piano "officially" in Dec 2011. So, she only has about 5 months "basic experience" but she is enjoying playing on the piano. Guess partly because she has a strict yet patient teacher who motivates her to play "better and better" :smile:

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yernying » Thu May 24, 2012 12:10 am

I am a piano teacher.seven years old is slightly late but of cos still not v late.before u start to invest,u must think properly,cos it is long journey,u need a lot of money n energy to invest.answer,this is a good invest.

yernying
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby pepper spice » Thu May 24, 2012 12:42 am

I agree, nothing is too late to learn, there are adults learning ballet, piano, senior citizens learning IT stuff. So, nothing is impossible if the interest level is there ... unless the teacher is no good :siam:

pepper spice
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ammonite » Thu May 24, 2012 7:31 am

definitely not too late. In fact one experienced piano teacher I enquired with prefer kids to be at least 7 before they start. My son started at 7.5 and his progress is much faster than the younger one at 5 that I wonder if I am wasting money sending the younger one for piano now...He has been learning for about 6 months and the teacher started him straight off playing with 2 hands, introducing musical terms, scales and musical phrasing along the way. The 5 year old however has to do boring drills because the hand span is limited and finger strength is not there. My conclusion is unless the child is very talented, 7 is a better age to start. And if the child is very talented, even if he starts later he will still be good. Just look at Maksim who is a successful commercial pop pianist and has won many piano competitions in his own right. He only started learning piano at the ripe old age of 9.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama