Musikinder in YiShun

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Musikinder in YiShun

Postby dream » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:39 pm

Dear All,

Want to get the feedback on the music school called Musikinder in YiShun. Any of your kid learning piano there?

Thanks,

dream
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby yernying » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:03 am

I brought my students to there for booking exam studio.found that the place ia quite nice,inside the exam room,I think is kids music room.There are many kind of small instrument to let u play.I think kids quite like that.maybe next time I will send my kid there 2

yernying
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby GreenQ » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:53 am

Is it called Musikinder Art Skool in Yishun?

GreenQ
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby phankao » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:23 am

yernying wrote:I brought my students to there for booking exam studio.found that the place ia quite nice,inside the exam room,I think is kids music room.There are many kind of small instrument to let u play.I think kids quite like that.maybe next time I will send my kid there 2

This is probably one of the worst studios to have exam in. So weird to play among all those art pieces, art materials and kiddy percussion.

and the acoustics is not good. I wonder how they get selected as exam center.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Musikinder in YiShun

Postby owlfalcon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:34 pm

I am a music teacher & I got a chance to hold practice sessions with my students at this center quite recently in early Sept. I am however quite amazed by the vibrant colors - very unique & rather different in style as compared to the other "pro" music exam centers I've been to so far.

I somehow got a very "down-to-earth" feeling, a bit of country-side (kampung) style one usually don't quite get to see. I also find the acoustics quite acceptable with some contrasting visuals - so I don't get that usual "empty 4-wall box" feeling... and interestingly enough, I found my 2 students - boy aged 9 (grade 3) & girl aged 13 (grade 6) were not very tensed as I've expected - the radiating colors & "kiddie" visuals seem to have some therapeutic effects on my students. BTW, they both scored distinctions for their exams this time.

I've a 2-year old girl - I might try enroll her for some art classes there next year or so as I'm staying quite near.

Curiously enough, I went to the center's website and found that its directors were part-time art & music lecturers at NAFA as it claims and also some feedbacks from the British examiners who were assigned to the center:
http://www.musikinder.com/web/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=78

owlfalcon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re:

Postby Dreamaurora » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:15 am

phankao wrote:
yernying wrote:I brought my students to there for booking exam studio.found that the place ia quite nice,inside the exam room,I think is kids music room.There are many kind of small instrument to let u play.I think kids quite like that.maybe next time I will send my kid there 2

This is probably one of the worst studios to have exam in. So weird to play among all those art pieces, art materials and kiddy percussion.

To be honest, a lot of exam centres have poor pianos and acoustics, even for the diploma exams. That is why must rehearse a few times in the exam venues.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peanut_butter » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:00 am

dream wrote:Want to get the feedback on the music school called Musikinder in YiShun.

They have a facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/musikinder. They post their Art works, rehearsal and etc. video there. Very creative. I like it all. From the video, can tell that the teachers, owners bond well with one another.

peanut_butter
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Re:

Postby owlfalcon » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Dreamaurora wrote:
phankao wrote:

To be honest, a lot of exam centres have poor pianos and acoustics, even for the diploma exams. That is why must rehearse a few times in the exam venues.

Frankly, I found that the exam piano in MusiKinder was quite ok the last time I practiced with my 2 students. If indeed as what it claims at its website, I'm sure that its directors would monitor closely their exam studio lest their names as lecturers would be tarnised.

You know what?
My piano student Sean invited me to the coming MusiKinder Music & Art Festival @Nee Soon South CC this weekend (heard that it's a whole-day event). Because Sean's sis (now age 7) will be exhibiting her art works there too. He hopes that I could come by to support his sis and that there would be a number of fun & artistic stalls set up too. I found the details on their website too:

http://www.musikinder.com/web/images/stories/Poster/mk%20festival2011.jpg

I would certainly look forward cos' I'm just curious how they run their festival which is rather rare locally and that I would like to also know more before I enrol my girl for their art classes... going there this Sunday may be a good idea for my family...

owlfalcon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Sunshine Baby » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:43 pm

Anyone has enrolled your child in Musikinder for piano lessons.
My boy is currently 3.5 years old and thinking of enrolling him in Toddler Steps.
Greatly appreciate if there's anyone who could share feedback on their music courses.
Thanks!

Sunshine Baby
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Felicia09 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Sunshine Baby wrote:Anyone has enrolled your child in Musikinder for piano lessons.
My boy is currently 3.5 years old and thinking of enrolling him in Toddler Steps.
Greatly appreciate if there's anyone who could share feedback on their music courses.
Thanks!

I enrolled my eldest girl for the music step course. She enjoy it very much. But centre expect one of the kid's parent must be in the class as well so that the parent can help up and monitor their kid as duration of 1hr is quite short. Beside playing on the keyboard, kids get to play other instruments and play games as well. Btw my girl have completed the step course about 2yrs ago.

Felicia09
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama