Child actors/actress

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Child actors/actress

Postby super_dad » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Wonder how those kids got on TV? Some of them very talented.

Guess the luckiest kid of all must be Harry Potter. At a young age, already immortalized.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phantom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:09 pm

I know that MediaCorp actually has children drama courses that they conduct at their Caldecott head office. I suppose you can try send your kid to some of those courses and hopefully someone like Jack Neo notice them.

phantom
Site Admin

Re: Child actors/actress

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:02 pm

super_dad wrote:Wonder how those kids got on TV? Some of them very talented.

Guess the luckiest kid of all must be Harry Potter. At a young age, already immortalized.

Good and bad. They get permanently stereotyped. Imagine Harry Potter trying to play the role of a junkie in another movie... nah... won't fly. Just like Matthew Broderick in War Games... I can't see him and his kid face in a serious movie. Or what's-his-name in the Home Alone series... end of career.

Anyway, you can try photoshoots and if you kid is unique (read ang moh with chinese parentage), he or she will probably have a good chance to model in things like the Parenting magazine or something.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Mami_Jazz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:37 pm

phantom wrote:I know that MediaCorp actually has children drama courses that they conduct at their Caldecott head office. I suppose you can try send your kid to some of those courses and hopefully someone like Jack Neo notice them.

My pretty niece did not attend any course but Jack Neo spotted her thru school's photos :P

She will be on screen pretty soon, a lead child actress .....Secret shssss :lol:

Mami_Jazz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby super_dad » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Wah!....can I have her autograph? :shock:

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mstan » Wed May 28, 2008 5:05 pm

A boy whom I know of ever attended the course conducted by mediacorp. His mum paid over thousands for the course but he did not get a single chance to act on any drama before.

I was thinking of enrolling for my elder daughter but I withdraw upon hearing this as it stated every kids will have the chance to act is a crap... and mediacorp is moving ... further away from AMK..

mstan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama