LEARNConcierge

All About Piano Lesson Costs

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Re: All About Piano Lesson Costs

Postby melody23 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:46 am

Hi there! I was quoted a monthly rate by a piano teacher for my child. Her monthly rates are fixed, in which 7months consists of 4 lessons, and 5 months only has 3 lessons. Rates are not prorated for the months with 3 lessons. Wonder if this is a common practice? Any advice? Thank you!

melody23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby melody23 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:47 am

Hi there! I was quoted a monthly rate by a piano teacher for my child. Her monthly rates are fixed, in which 7months consists of 4 lessons, and 5 months only has 3 lessons. Rates are not prorated for the months with 3 lessons. Wonder if this is a common practice? Any advice? Thank you!

melody23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Askmum » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 pm

I stay at bukit merah area and looking for a piano teacher for my 3yr old son. Prefer teacher to travel to my place. Pls pm me if you have any good teachers to recommend or any teacher interested.

Askmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lag » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Currently child is in YMC and considering getting him a private piano teacher. I contact one lady near my house and below are some of the items that she told me.
11 lessons for every 3 months.
3 lessons for jun and dec
No lessons on the 5th wk of the month.
Is this the industry norm?
I look around and most teachers are charging based on 4 lessons per mth. I can understand the 3 lessons for jun and dec. But i cannot understand the 11 lessons for 3 months..
I am really interested in her as she is a stone throw away from where I stay.. But want to convince myself i am not being ripped off.

lag
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Dreamaurora » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:34 pm

lag wrote:Currently child is in YMC and considering getting him a private piano teacher. I contact one lady near my house and below are some of the items that she told me.
11 lessons for every 3 months.
3 lessons for jun and dec
No lessons on the 5th wk of the month.
Is this the industry norm?
I look around and most teachers are charging based on 4 lessons per mth. I can understand the 3 lessons for jun and dec. But i cannot understand the 11 lessons for 3 months..
I am really interested in her as she is a stone throw away from where I stay.. But want to convince myself i am not being ripped off.

I think there is no issue here as the teacher stipulates the terms and conditions very clearly. Most teachers and schools charge 12 lessons per term, with no lessons on the 5th week. Some do 11 lessons per term with a performance class/concert in place of 12th lesson. The more established teachers in Singapore tend to have more restrictive T&Cs, but there are also other less established teachers who can be equally as good with more flexible T&Cs. So it is up to you to decide if the convenience and quality of teaching of this teacher are worth her fees.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lag » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:16 pm

thank you for the reply... yes she is a very experience teacher that used to teach in MOE schools.. guess that is why the terms are strict and charges are higher

lag
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Dreamaurora » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:32 pm

Askmum wrote:I stay at bukit merah area and looking for a piano teacher for my 3yr old son. Prefer teacher to travel to my place. Pls pm me if you have any good teachers to recommend or any teacher interested.

3 yo is a very early age to start one-to-one piano lesson. It is possible, but it will require you to be very proactive in lessons and practices. And also a highly skilled teacher with experience and technique in teaching very young children, which to be honest I don't think you will be able to get one to travel to your place and won't be cheap.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Littlerabbit3 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:24 pm

Selling Cristofori CP2 electronic piano. It is lightly used. Everything is working well. A good piano for beginners and young children learning piano. Originally purchased from Cristofori at $1300.

Selling cheaply at $450 due to a scratch mark from house moving. Everything else is great. The pedals are not used at all.

Price slightly negotiable. Please arrange own transportation. Welcome to view. =)

Littlerabbit3
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PIANO LESSONS BY COMPETITION WINNER!

Postby VirtuosoPianist » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi parents!

I'm a medical student who teaches both classical (from beginner to diploma) and pop piano part time.

Here are some of my musical accomplishments:

1. 2nd prize winner of Cristofori Piano Competition 2009
2. Finalist at 2011 National Piano & Violin Competition
3. DipABRSM (with distinction) and LRSM (with distinction) holder
4. Music director of RI(JC) Piano Ensemble back in JC
5. Keyboardist and music arranger at SAF Music & Drama Company
6. Arranged music for Our Xinyao Concert 2015
7. All students that I've taught have attained at least a merit

I conduct lessons from my home at Whampoa (nearest MRT - Novena) but I'm willing to travel to students' homes if they're conveniently located.

Feel free to drop me a message at 9178 5243 if you're interested!
PS parents (adult learners) are welcome to sign up too :smile:

VirtuosoPianist
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby chapmummy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:22 pm

hi all,

my girls are interested in piano. here sre my requirements:
- have experience
- female
- able to travel to woodlands/ conduct around that area

thats all!:)