All About Piano Lesson Costs

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.
jce
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by jce » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 am

That's more or less the market rate.

pr1s
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by pr1s » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:18 pm

i'm a piano teacher and my rate is $120 for every 4 lessons, the lesson is only counted when each lesson occurs, so u won't lose any lesson due to public holiday or any other reasons (unlike in music school)

if u expect the teacher to go over to students' place, there will be additional charge $20-$40 depending on location :) hope it helps

pecalis
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by pecalis » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:56 pm

pecalis wrote:
pecalis wrote:My SIL is a very good and experienced piano teacher - she has been teaching for more than 20 yrs. Many of her students pass with distinction BUT she's also a very strict one. I believe her charges are reasonable - like $80/mth for beginners, then $120/mth for grades 1 & 2 and then $160 for grade 3... She lives in Bishan Park Condo - Sin Ming Walk. Any one interested may pm me or contact me at punggolow@yahoo.com.sg for her details :)
Just an update:
She prefers to teach students 7 years and above.
Could a Karen Chan pls email or pm me again for her contact? I couldn't reply to your email add given. Thanks.

chrismei
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by chrismei » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:59 pm

pr1s wrote:i'm a piano teacher and my rate is $120 for every 4 lessons, the lesson is only counted when each lesson occurs, so u won't lose any lesson due to public holiday or any other reasons (unlike in music school)

if u expect the teacher to go over to students' place, there will be additional charge $20-$40 depending on location :) hope it helps
Hi

How long is your lesson for $120 per mth?

yernying
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by yernying » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:16 pm

I also charge beginner 140 per month,each lesson is 45 mins,i go to student house,if student come to my place is cheaper 20 dollars.cos 20 dollars is my transport fees.

ImperfectParent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ImperfectParent » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:39 pm

honeybeel wrote:
fishyfish wrote:Hi honeybeel, how is your girl's teacher? Is she good?
Yes, she is good and flexible on the lesson arrangement. And I think the charges are reasonable too.
Hi honeybee and fishyfish, do you mind pm me her contact? My two kids are aged 5 & 7, I'm looking for good experienced teacher provides home lesson.

Warmest Regards

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by daisyt » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi, I am wondering, does the qualification also plays a part in the charges of the piano teacher? Are there any degree can take in Singapore for music and then be a piano teacher or it must be taken in overseas school? Just curious to know. TIA :D

jce
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by jce » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:59 pm

Yes, a teacher's qualification will affect the charges. Most teachers would have attained a Diploma, whether teaching or performing, which can be taken locally (just like all graded exams). There's also Yong Siew Toh Conservatory or NAFA which gives a diploma cert or Bachelor degree.

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by daisyt » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:05 pm

jce, thanks!

J_C_M_L
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by J_C_M_L » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:12 am

Hi, parents.

Any recommendation for a good home piano teacher who can interact well with children? Chemistry between teacher and children very important.

Many thanks!