Mandeville senior teachers

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Mandeville senior teachers

Postby Sunshine_bear » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:25 am

I heard good reviews about Mandeville and would like to request recommendations for suitable senior teachers teaching higher grade students.

DS has been taking the violin for a few years and would like to further improve his intonation and technique. Would really appreciate comments and recommendations as we are not familiar with Mandeville. Many thanks!

Sunshine_bear
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Mandeville senior teachers

Postby Koolmama » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:47 am

Hi Sunshine Bear!

If improving/fine-tuning your child's performance is your priority, I'd suggest looking for a good local private teacher with many successful grade 8/diploma students. Mandeville teachers are hired mostly from the Philippines Vietnam, Malaysia and other countries. They will charge you very high fees but may not impart all of the knowledge that is needed to "break through" to the next level (same applies to many teachers from PRC).

Also, at Mandeville you pay for 4 lessons but only get 3 one-to-one lessons as the last one is a group ensemble session.

If you need a recommendation, you can PM me. If your budget is very high and you don't mind spending 120 per hour, you can consider Masterclasses with a professional instead ;-)

(Mine does not charge those kind of fees btw!)

Sunshine_bear wrote:I heard good reviews about Mandeville and would like to request recommendations for suitable senior teachers teaching higher grade students.

DS has been taking the violin for a few years and would like to further improve his intonation and technique. Would really appreciate comments and recommendations as we are not familiar with Mandeville. Many thanks!

Koolmama
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:22 am

Hi Sunshine_bear,

I am not familiar with violin teachers in Mandeville as my son learnt piano instead of violin there. However, violin and piano teachers in Mandeville charge different fee based on their seniority (and popularity) so maybe you can ask their receptionist for the list.

As for the 3 one-to-one lessons, I have no idea about what is happening inside the violin monthly group class (Mandeville calls it Creative Musicianship Class) but I wrote in the following link on our experience in the piano monthly group class.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=450

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sunshine_bear » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Koolmama wrote:Hi Sunshine Bear!

If improving/fine-tuning your child's performance is your priority, I'd suggest looking for a good local private teacher with many successful grade 8/diploma students.
If you need a recommendation, you can PM me. If your budget is very high and you don't mind spending 120 per hour, you can consider Masterclasses with a professional instead ;-)

(Mine does not charge those kind of fees btw!)

Many thanks for your response, Koolmama!
Not considering 120/hr teachers but would certainly welcome your recommendation for successful teachers with 8/diploma students!

Sunshine_bear
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Sunshine_bear » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:58 pm

ngl2010 wrote:
As for the 3 one-to-one lessons, I have no idea about what is happening inside the violin monthly group class (Mandeville calls it Creative Musicianship Class) but I wrote in the following link on our experience in the piano monthly group class.
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=450

Thanks ngl2010! Will research further.

Sunshine_bear
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama