Government Agencies Governing Ballet Schools in Singapore

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Government Agencies Governing Ballet Schools in Singapore

Postby Eigna23 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Does anyone know how to lodge a formal complaint against a ballet school teaching kids? Or will the newspaper entertain such complaints as I don't want other kids to go thru the same incident as my daughter who is only 4 yrs old.

Eigna23
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Government Agencies Governing Ballet Schools in Singapor

Postby Dreamaurora » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:12 am

Eigna23 wrote:Does anyone know how to lodge a formal complaint against a ballet school teaching kids? Or will the newspaper entertain such complaints as I don't want other kids to go thru the same incident as my daughter who is only 4 yrs old.

Unfortunately though, enrichments classes such as ballet, music, drama, tuition etc are pretty much unregulated in Singapore. Unless they offer professional qualifications e.g. private O Level, Diploma then they will be regulated by CPE. MOE's rule does stipulate that any of music, ballet teachers have to apply for a permit to teach before commencement of employment. You can as a parent request to see this letter from MOE before engaging a teacher in a ballet or music school. But most music and ballet schools pretty much ignore this ruling for convenience sake.

Your only recourse would be to lodge a complaint to CASE and see if the any action can be taken. If the teacher does not have the official MOE letter, you could also try MOE.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Eigna23 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks alot.

Had a really bad experience so wanted to make sure the school and the teacher is warned.

Eigna23
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby miu miu » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:37 am

Eigna23 wrote:Thanks alot.

Had a really bad experience so wanted to make sure the school and the teacher is warned.

Mind sharing the school name?

miu miu
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Eigna23 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:15 pm

The Ballet & Music Company (Harbourfront)

Eigna23
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby miu miu » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Ahhh...i see. I was having some issue with the branch at Nex. Submitted my withdrawal form after my DD's 3 lesson.

miu miu
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Eigna23 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:48 am

Oh same thing, after 3 lessons i demand for a refund of the balance of my payment. They still havent got back to me since last Sunday! Should we report to CASE?

Eigna23
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby miu miu » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 pm

Eigna23 wrote:Oh same thing, after 3 lessons i demand for a refund of the balance of my payment. They still havent got back to me since last Sunday! Should we report to CASE?

I have actually let my girl complete the whole term. Then take back my $100 from them but it took them a while to return me plus I have to go to the school personally to check. They did not bother to call me when the money was already sitting in there.

miu miu
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Eigna23 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:25 pm

My situation is different. We have problem with the teacher so will not dare to put my daughter in her class again.

Eigna23
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama