Any Music Composition Lessons for Primary Sch Child?

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Any Music Composition Lessons for Primary Sch Child?

Postby pirate » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:58 pm

DD seems to like making things. She is very much into drawing, artwork and the occasional story writing. While in kindergarten, when other children were beginning to string words into sentences, she strung together an 8-bar piece of music.

So, I am wondering if anyone knows whether there is anywhere in Singapore where a primary school child can take lessons in music composition. Preferably, this would be something that can complement her piano lessons and music theory - where she can learn that all the (boring?) theory and practice can eventually be put together to "make" new music.

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Any Music Composition Lessons for Primary Sch Child?

Postby Dreamaurora » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Pirate,

perhaps you can contact either Zechariah Goh or Kelly Tang. I don't think they teach children compositions but perhaps they can refer one of their compo students to you.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Any Music Composition Lessons for Primary Sch Child?

Postby pirate » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:37 pm

I was hoping for something that is class or group based. Approaching the likes of Zechariah Goh or Kelly Tang for the likes of dd's musical doodles (even if only for referring to their students) might be... well, malu. :oops:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama