anyong could introduce place to learn piano?

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

anyong could introduce place to learn piano?

Postby tong2 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:27 pm

I just let my girl to start to learn piano last Oct.
in her first 2 months, I brought her a music school but due to far away from home, I stopped and sent her to 1-1 class which stated in a shopping centre.

this teacher is quiet nice lady, but sometimes is blur.
I didn't sit in class because I didn't want to disturb their lesson. the teacher is not very concentrate on theory.

so far, till today, I couldn't see any improvement from my girl and recently she gave up to practise at home unless I chasing her.

do I need to change teacher?
anyone can recommend teacher or music school for trial?

our place is Bukit Panjang, near Upper Bukit Timah road.

thank you in advance.

tong2
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: anyong could introduce place to learn piano?

Postby Dreamaurora » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:30 pm

tong2 wrote:I just let my girl to start to learn piano last Oct.
in her first 2 months, I brought her a music school but due to far away from home, I stopped and sent her to 1-1 class which stated in a shopping centre.

this teacher is quiet nice lady, but sometimes is blur.
I didn't sit in class because I didn't want to disturb their lesson. the teacher is not very concentrate on theory.

so far, till today, I couldn't see any improvement from my girl and recently she gave up to practise at home unless I chasing her.

do I need to change teacher?
anyone can recommend teacher or music school for trial?

our place is Bukit Panjang, near Upper Bukit Timah road.

thank you in advance.

I think it will be a good idea to discuss with your girl first the reasons for her loss of interest e.g. poor choice of repertoire, lack of progress, etc. And then discuss with the teacher if the approach can be changed a little bit to see if it improves the situation. If the teacher is inflexible and not open to feedback, than a change of teacher may be considered.

Can't help you with recommending a teacher or music school though.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama