Learning The Guitar

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Learning The Guitar

Postby medontknowwhattosay » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 pm

I am 14 yrs, and I have a guitar that I have just stopped learning a few months ago, because the course ended. The thing is, I really, really want to continue learning, but everytime I ask my Mom, which is, about 20 times, she always says she will do it, but she never does. I feel really rejected and sad. What should I do to get her to start being more aware?

medontknowwhattosay
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Learning The Guitar

Postby tankee » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Youtube ?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby slmkhoo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:21 am

Classical or pop? I don't know about classical, but with pop, once you know the basics, you can practise and learn more by yourself. There are lots of guides, chord diagrams, song lyrics with chords, youtube videos etc that you can use to help yourself self-learn. If you have a friend of similar standard, you can encourage each other. If you have a friend of higher standard, you can get tips. My daughter is also 14, and she was taught by my husband for a few mths when she was 12. Now she mainly looks up things and practises on her own. She's fortunate to have her daddy to ask when she gets stuck, but maybe you can ask friends instead?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby medontknowwhattosay » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Ok thanks so much people!

medontknowwhattosay
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby osim » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:59 am

Please recommend a good guitar teacher for 1-1.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama