Ballet Lesson Cancelled. Can I ask for a refund?

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Ballet Lesson Cancelled. Can I ask for a refund?

Postby astronomer » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi there anyone who has dd taking ballet lessons? What is the policy of your dd ballet teacher/school regarding cancelled lessons?

In my dd ballet school, cancelled lesson is usually replaced. The problem is the replacement date is usually during the school holidays or public holidays. Meaning she will missed the replacement date because sometimes we will be on holiday (when else can we with school going children go on holiday except school holidays right).

So do your ballet teacher/school return the fee for one day missed lesson if you absolutely cannot make it on the replacement date? Have you ever successfully got a refund in such case?

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Ballet Lesson Cancelled. Can I ask for a refund?

Postby Porky Pig » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:20 pm

My Dd has been with this ballet school for 1.5 years now. Her missed lessons are normally replaced and there is no refund whatsoever. So far so good.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby astronomer » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:56 pm

hi porky pig. Thanks for the reply. My dd has been doing ballet for the past 7-8 years now. Same school all this while. She has missed countless lessons due to a whole variety of reasons. Her ballet lessons has in the past clashed with school activities, tuition activities, family commitments, and family vacations. All in all she had probably missed 3-4 months of lessons (without refund) in all these 7-8 years. You will probably encounter this soon enough, especially when you dd goes to secondary school. My dd ballet school schedule additional classed on weekdays. So her lessons are on Sundays and a weekday.

Most of these missed lessons are due to our own fault. So it is ok.

But what I am not happy about is when lessons are cancelled by the teacher/school. And then they will replaced it on a day that has been designated as a holiday by the ballet school. People had already planned their vacation months in advance according to this ballet school schedule. And now people have to cancel their plan because of this replacement. People has no choice but just skipped the replacement. We have been doing this in the past.

But what you think. Should I can ask for a refund instead next time?

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Porky Pig » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:06 pm

No harm trying but i do not think you will be able to get a refund. Just keep trying to reschedule her replacement lesson until it fits your schedule. Good luck!

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby astronomer » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Porky Pig wrote:No harm trying but i do not think you will be able to get a refund. Just keep trying to reschedule her replacement lesson until it fits your schedule. Good luck!

hi Porky Pig, my dd ballet school do not let us choose replacement date (not only that, my dd ballet school will even replace the replacement lesson with a very short notice). I am surprise that you can reschedule your dd replacement lesson accordingly. I am interested to know the ballet school/teacher you dd is taking from (could you pm me?).

The latest cancellation we are going through seem to be the straw that has finally broke the camels back. We cancelled an important plan due to a replacement lesson. We were than later told the date of the replacement lesson has changed to another date.

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Porky Pig » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:09 am

astronomer wrote:
Porky Pig wrote:No harm trying but i do not think you will be able to get a refund. Just keep trying to reschedule her replacement lesson until it fits your schedule. Good luck!

hi Porky Pig, my dd ballet school do not let us choose replacement date (not only that, my dd ballet school will even replace the replacement lesson with a very short notice). I am surprise that you can reschedule your dd replacement lesson accordingly. I am interested to know the ballet school/teacher you dd is taking from (could you pm me?).

The latest cancellation we are going through seem to be the straw that has finally broke the camels back. We cancelled an important plan due to a replacement lesson. We were than later told the date of the replacement lesson has changed to another date.

What school is your Dd going to?

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama