The Ballet and Music School I12 Katong

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

The Ballet and Music School I12 Katong

Postby Ashellie » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:58 pm

I hope mummies in forum can help and advise what I can do.

My daughter is coming age 5 and started learning ballet at I12 Katong. Tonight I had went 20 minutes earlier to the school to 'wait' for her and was surprised to find her sitting on the floor on the shopping Mall's corridor with a domestic helper who was waiting for her employer's child to finish lesson. I went to ask the receptionist what happen and she said that my gal was crying cause she was frightened when her teacher played a song w animals sound in it. She added that my girl was disturbing other pupils (3 other students) with her crying and therefore she had brought her out from her class. When I questioned why she did not called us she replied that it just happened and she said she was taking care of her (when I reached, my gal was not crying and this woman was at her desk where she is not be able to see my daughter). She added that she thought that the domestic helper is ours when she is not. She did not alert us immediately but just left my gal w a stranger and let her sit in front of their school unit on a public mall corridor floor. She keeps insisting that she did nothing wrong till I ask for her school management to call me back which she replied I can only write email in. I cannot imagine what might have happen if my gal had just walk away or wander off and this woman just simply try to brush off w the fact that my gal was crying and disturbing the class??!! I went to the mall management to request to see the CCTV but was told that I have to lodge a police report. The security supervisor who called me later added that the school CCTV will have a better footage of what happen. My husband called the woman and this time she apologise but still does not reveal any number or contact person for us to speak to only mentioned that she had wrote an email in for school office to respond tomorrow. I am so angry, how can she pull my gal out from class and did not alert us?? What rights does she have to leave my girl in public just because she is 'crying'?? She left my girl with a helper whom she presume is ours?? And this school is suppose to be a prestigious ballet school?? Yet we can only wait for email when something like this happen? I tried looking at their school website and found no head office telephone or personnel contact. I just cannot imagine if something have happen to my little gal..

Ashellie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama