Student's violin outfit -Synwin or Gramercy

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Student's violin outfit -Synwin or Gramercy

Postby Tmom » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Has anyone made a comparison on the sound and pricing between Synwin's and Gramercy's beginner's violin outfit?
We are coming back from the USA and DD's teacher ask us to buy the violin we are currently using for US$125, whole outfit including shoulder rest. She said the sound is very good for that amount of money but I wanted to find out if Singapore's beginners violin is also accepted by the violin teacher's here? Must we add extras such as changing strings etc.

Also looking for a good violin teacher who knows how to teach 5 year olds. Have the patience and not rushing throughout the lesson, whilst looking at the time. Staying in the East. Please email me at:ckyn14@outlook.com, if you are a parent and have a recommendation.

Tmom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Student's violin outfit -Synwin or Gramercy

Postby doodbug » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:59 pm

I've been through a 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 and now a 1/2. So far we have found Gramercy's beginner and intermediate series better. However this is very instrument specific. There may be a fantastic Synwin unit on sale when you are looking for one.

doodbug
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama