All About Ballet

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

All About Ballet

Postby Beikiasu » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Where can i find more information about Ballet? like how many grades to become a teacher?is it very hard to become a Ballet teacher?

Thanks

Beikiasu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: All About Ballet

Postby jo.ong » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Beikiasu wrote:Where can i find more information about Ballet? like how many grades to become a teacher?is it very hard to become a Ballet teacher?

Thanks

Hi there, I think you can google it to find out more. Ballet starts from basis which pre-primary all the way to inter-foundation. Hope this helps.

jo.ong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: All About Ballet

Postby dance and theatre » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Beikiasu wrote:Where can i find more information about Ballet? like how many grades to become a teacher?is it very hard to become a Ballet teacher?

Thanks

To teach in Singapore, at the minimum you need to pass the RAD professional level exams the Majors. Only then will dance schools here consider taking you on as a student/trainee teacher. As you go along, you must upgrade to a Degree in Dance (via NAFA, LaSalle or overseas). The younger, new generation Ballet teachers in Singapore mostly have dance degrees from Australia or UK ....... don't play, play !!! :lol:

dance and theatre
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Beikiasu » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:27 am

Thanks dance and theatre,

how many grade are there in Ballet? is it grade 1,2,3,4,5 professional level, degree?i am not sure about ballet. i intend to let her learn ballet to professial level or degree. compare to piano there are grade 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, Professional level.For piano at least it take nine yr to become a teacher.

Beikiasu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama