Cristofori or private piano teacher

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Cristofori or private piano teacher

Postby tong2 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Finally I got a chance to slot into Cristofori music school after I waited a long time.
during the waiting time, my girl is studying with a private piano teacher.

now is the time to me to decide to continuing with private teacher or transfer to music school?

music school is just 5 mins walk distance from house, but the private teacher house have to travel via MRT and bus.

tong2
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Cristofori or private piano teacher

Postby waiyean » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:52 pm

What's the reason for wanting to switch from private teacher to Cristofori? If it's just the commute, why not ask if private teacher can go to your house, or switch to a teacher who will do that?

If there's no real push reasons, and if you are happy with current teacher, it's better not to change.

waiyean
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sembgal » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:00 pm

tong2 wrote:Finally I got a chance to slot into Cristofori music school after I waited a long time.

now is the time to me to decide to continuing with private teacher or transfer to music school?

music school is just 5 mins walk distance from house, but the private teacher house have to travel via MRT and bus.

May I know the rates for private compared to Christofori. How is the fees payment like?

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dreamaurora » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:24 pm

tong2 wrote:Finally I got a chance to slot into Cristofori music school after I waited a long time.

I have never heard anyone actually transferring to Cristofori after studying with private teacher, it's usually the other way around. If you really have to switch because of convenience sake, then you will have to ensure the replacement teacher is equally good or better.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cse1217 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:19 am

My advice is for you to have both concurrently at the same time for some time and observation. Most importantly, your girl has to be comfortable with the teacher who she learns from. Do sit in to observe her lessons at Christofori. Then chose the one who is able to teach and interact with your daughter better.

It's a life time learning with the piano teacher. If you are able to find a good one, stick to him/her throughout.

cse1217
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Dreamaurora » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:26 am

cse1217 wrote:

My advice is for you to have both concurrently at the same time for some time and observation. Most importantly, your girl has to be comfortable with the teacher who she learns from. Do sit in to observe her lessons at Christofori. Then chose the one who is able to teach and interact with your daughter better.

It's a life time learning with the piano teacher. If you are able to find a good one, stick to him/her throughout.

Cristofori's teachers are on contract and most will leave after two years, hence the high turnover rate. And they are not supposed to bring the students together with them, otherwise they may face legal actions if found out. This is why I recommend if die die must go music school, go for the principals or one of the partners instead who are permanent teachers of the schools.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cse1217 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:02 am

Dreamaurora wrote:
cse1217 wrote:

Cristofori's teachers are on contract and most will leave after two years, hence the high turnover rate. And they are not supposed to bring the students together with them, otherwise they may face legal actions if found out. This is why I recommend if die die must go music school, go for the principals or one of the partners instead who are permanent teachers of the schools.

You have a very good point. Most of the music schools teachers are on contract basis and likely to have high turnovers. I would agree with dreamaurora. And the quality of the teacher is better for the partners or principals.

cse1217
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby phtthp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:06 am

In the east, which Christofori branch Tr / partner / principal, is good ?
any recommendation ?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama