Warning - Disney "audition" in Singapore

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Warning - Disney "audition" in Singapore

Postby sushigal » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:36 am

Original Title: Disney Premiere in SIngapore - marina Bay Sand

Hi all my parents in Kiasu Parents

I am using my wife's account to post this alert.

Disney Premiere showcase is in Singapore and they are in Poeny Ballroom of Marina Bay Sand. Please be alerted that your children may have asked you to sign up and have a chance to go for audition in front of the famous TV Star from Disney Channel (in the show called Jesse). Name: Peyton List.

Please be warned that this so -called audition is not associated with Disney and it is a form of over-priced Speech and Drama hard sell programme which set you back by US$1950 to US$9000. They claimed that your children will have a chance to get showcase in front of famous casting director, agency manager so that they had a shot to be showcase in Disney Channel, commercial ad, or even Hollywood movie.

Please do not be taken in by their hard sell programme.

I was there with my children after they beg me and my wife to bring them there. My girl got through the first and they sent us to the next room and prepare us for the second round by asking us to read their booklet and tell us how much to pay and which package to sign by referring to the booklet. My children are "hypnotised" by their close encountering with their idols, and they wanted more.

I was taken back by the cost and I also sense something is not right. I did the research and noted that the are formerly known as "The" (pronounced as Tay)and also "Event" in 2009 and 2012. They had received lots of complaints in US and even lawyers are trying to get back the money paid to them. Disney had also disassociated with them and said that they are not using them as casting agent. Lots of money had been cheated by them and now they are back as "Premiere" and they keep on promoting it using Disney as a smoke screen.

I wanted you to know.

PS: I am using my wife's account to alert you in this parent forum so that you will not fall in their unethical practice of not disclosing the full facts before you make a decision. Once they are gone and left Singapore, you will not be able to get back your hard earned money.

Source of the news:

http://premiereevent.com

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/10/ ... -deceived/

http://www.ktbs.com/story/28709020/want ... -deception

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb/16 ... m-20120217
Last edited by sushigal on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Disney Premiere in SIngapore - marina Bay Sand

Postby sushigal » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:01 am

For your information, I have alerted to Police and try to get CAD to look into this. I am going to report this to CASE. I also will be asking the Advertising association on this unethical advertising practices. This will not sit well in US advertising association.

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sushigal » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:25 am

I have reposted my alert to several social platform within Facebook to alert parents. Please feel free to do so at your respective social media platform.

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby buds » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:43 am

Thank you for sharing your experience and research.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirated » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:53 am

If the "agency" has not broken any law, there isn't much the authorities could do.

Caveat emptor.

Where got so easy to get a casting contract from Disney?! My friends' kids have to go through many many months of training and coaching before signing the contract. They will try you using some commercial first.

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sushigal » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:05 am

Yes, I agree. It is a always a fine line of breaking the criminal code and commercial deception tactics that may give rise to breach of trust. As far as the police, they will take note of such activities. CAD will only proceed to investigate if there are reports of cheating using deceptive tactics. There is always fine line where you could cross over to the other side. As parents, we must be able to discern on whether our children may be taken in by such unethical practices and prevent them from making a wrong choice.

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sushigal » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:05 am

I have alerted many parents in other social media platform and some of them also told me the same story.

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby dotti » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Thank you, hubby of sushigal! :smile:

dotti
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama