Wolfgang Voilin Studio

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Wolfgang Voilin Studio

Postby RAchelmum » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:07 am

Hi
Had any parent send their child to this Music School-Wolfgang Voilin Studio?
http://www.wolfgangviolin.com

At the moment, they only offer Baby Beat 2 Course which is meant for 2.5yrs to 4yrs. Though my girl is only 21mths, would like to give it a try since they had taken in younger children before.

Attended the trial lesson (an ongoing class) conducted by the Director, Ann Lee with a helper who plays the piano & multi-media projector.

Really impressed by the variety of percussion instruments & using fruits names to relate to tempo... Cutting of pizza to intro notes etc.
Interesting animation to intro classical pieces etc...
I am totally music illiterate but thoroughly enjoy it with my tot.

Fingering excercise like holding a tube to mimic holding a violin. Every kid got to try the violin with the instructor holding the bow to play a simple tune but my girl refuse to hold or let her touch her :oops:

The age limit really makes sense cos her gross motor skills are definitely poorer the older kids.

The thing is that they only focus on violin alone. Would i be dictating what instrument my child is going to learn? Any opinion?

Will be going to some other trial music appreciation classes like Kindermusic, Seimpi before i can decide on anything.

Would like my girl to enjoy herself, rather than forcing her to learn an instrument eventually.
Any recommendation for good music classes for toddlers? Thks very much.

RAchelmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Wolfgang Voilin Studio

Postby phankao » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:43 am

RAchelmum wrote:Hi
Had any parent send their child to this Music School-Wolfgang Voilin Studio?
http://www.wolfgangviolin.com

At the moment, they only offer Baby Beat 2 Course which is meant for 2.5yrs to 4yrs. Though my girl is only 21mths, would like to give it a try since they had taken in younger children before.

Attended the trial lesson (an ongoing class) conducted by the Director, Ann Lee with a helper who plays the piano & multi-media projector.

Really impressed by the variety of percussion instruments & using fruits names to relate to tempo... Cutting of pizza to intro notes etc.
Interesting animation to intro classical pieces etc...
I am totally music illiterate but thoroughly enjoy it with my tot.

Fingering excercise like holding a tube to mimic holding a violin. Every kid got to try the violin with the instructor holding the bow to play a simple tune but my girl refuse to hold or let her touch her :oops:

The age limit really makes sense cos her gross motor skills are definitely poorer the older kids.

The thing is that they only focus on violin alone. Would i be dictating what instrument my child is going to learn? Any opinion?

Will be going to some other trial music appreciation classes like Kindermusic, Seimpi before i can decide on anything.

Would like my girl to enjoy herself, rather than forcing her to learn an instrument eventually.
Any recommendation for good music classes for toddlers? Thks very much.

Did you send your girl to this class?

Anyone sends your child to Wolfgang? What's the experience?

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dasalo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:15 am

Wolfgang @ UE sq is operated by renown Vionlinist Lee Huei Min aka Min Lee and her mother.

Yes, that place focus on violin alone at the moment as far as I know.
They started operation last year and Ms Ann/Annie Lee has many years of experience teaching the violin.

At 2 yrs stage, I thinking only music appreciation is taught unless the child shows exceptional inclination to the violin.

Every year there is a concert for toddlers - SSO Babies' Prom by conductor Peter Moore, this year is on 17/18 Nov, usually a sold out concert. A good way to expose your child to music. Check that out

http://www.sso.org.sg/images/stories/pd ... ochure.pdf

Btw, how are the fees in Wolfgang?
Last edited by dasalo on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dasalo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phankao » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:48 am

dasalo wrote:Wolfgang @ UE sq is operated by renown Vionlinist Lee Huei Min aka Min Lee and her mother.

Yes, that place focus on violin alone at the moment as far as I know.
They started operation last year and Ms Ann/Annie Lee has many years of experience teaching the violin.

At 2 yrs stage, I thinking only music appreciation is taught until the child shows exceptional inclination to the violin.

Every year there is a concert for toddlers - SSO Babies' Prom by conductor Peter Moore, this year is on 17/18 Nov, usually a sold out concert. A good way to expose your child to music. Check that out

http://www.sso.org.sg/images/stories/pd ... ochure.pdf

Btw, how are there fees in Wolfgang?

Yes, I know. But even the music appreciation, must see what exactly is taught, and I'm interested to know how exactly orientated to violin it is - eg, they say the exercise, etc.

Going this all over again - the preschool route. haha! My elder boy never did learn violin so early, but already doing diploma. So my baby is listening to all these more advanced repertoire. Although I think he's memorised all the Suzuki CD pieces, and Vivaldi 4 seasons and Mozart already. LOLz. Just by listening, lah.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dasalo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:13 pm

phankao wrote:Yes, I know. But even the music appreciation, must see what exactly is taught, and I'm interested to know how exactly orientated to violin it is - eg, they say the exercise, etc.

Going this all over again - the preschool route. haha! My elder boy never did learn violin so early, but already doing diploma. So my baby is listening to all these more advanced repertoire. Although I think he's memorised all the Suzuki CD pieces, and Vivaldi 4 seasons and Mozart already. LOLz. Just by listening, lah.

You have a child prodigy, so lucky.

dasalo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phankao » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:32 pm

dasalo wrote:
phankao wrote:Yes, I know. But even the music appreciation, must see what exactly is taught, and I'm interested to know how exactly orientated to violin it is - eg, they say the exercise, etc.

You have a child prodigy, so lucky.

How so? He's 2yo and he's been listinening since to all these even before he was born, so it's not surprising, right? Dr Suzuki does say that if a baby listens to the same piece of music for 5mths, he would automatically memorise it.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ruthbrons » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:26 pm

The violin is the logically instrument to be featured here because:

It is the instrument of the teacher's expertise.

Violins are readily available in small sizes for young children.

There are effective pedagogy systems for teaching violin to young children.

There are numerous studies showing stringed instrument study is beneficial to children in terms of brain development and academic achievement.

An orchestra needs more violins than any other instrument.

Best Wishes,

Ruth Brons
Bow Hold Buddies instant bow hold bow accessory
http://www.things4strings.com

ruthbrons
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby frenchymum » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:45 am

Hi Ruth,

Can your products be found in Singapore?

I am a violin teacher here...they look great!

thks

frenchymum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ruthbrons » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:44 am

At present, Things 4 Strings[tm] accessories are only available to musicians in Singapore through http://www.Things4Strings.com

ruthbrons
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Microviola » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:31 pm

dear ruth, love your things4strings! Will get them for my students as well!

Thank you!
www.eileenalternatif.com

Microviola
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama