Knitting, Sewing, Handicrafts: Useful lifeskill

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.
TotsNkits
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Knitting, Sewing, Handicrafts: Useful lifeskill

Post by TotsNkits » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:35 am

Calling out to all parents!! Looking for a way to have fun with your kids?! Tots N' Kits aims to promote parent-child interaction in a fun and engaging way! Contact us TODAY!! IG: @totsnkits FB: Tots N' Kits :rahrah: :boogie:

ssliana
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by ssliana » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:22 pm

I'm trying to pick up knitting now!! Especially with my grandma to teach me : ) I have several shirts she's knitted for me.

MichaelPertie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by MichaelPertie » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:37 pm

Greetings to like-minded people! Since childhood, I love sewing toys, clothes for dolls. Recently I sew children's clothes. My children love this)

vencon77
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by vencon77 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Yup, that was a good idea and skill improvement thoughts to keep learning and keep focusing on a career with online outsourcing, new technologies etc https://www.venconsolutions.com/banking ... y-process/

RoastChickenDance
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:6

Post by RoastChickenDance » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:11 pm

TinyST
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by TinyST » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:16 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing! We definitely gonna try it!

RoastChickenDance
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:6

Post by RoastChickenDance » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:05 am

Sewing 101 #6 -2019 - Sat Workshops
https://www.facebook.com/events/421640191710433/

Sewing 101 #7 -2019 - Weekday Workshops
https://www.facebook.com/events/2284853331796706/

foxry
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by foxry » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 pm

maf tea wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:31 am
I discovered that when children learn to knit and sew, it actually helps them to develop some life skills like discipline, patience, the ability to follow instructions and mechanical skills. It also brings out creativity, independence and self-confidence. Somehow, it also managed to calm an active child with short attention span. Amazing:D. My child started with finger knitting one holiday and then it progressed from there. Every holiday, it was a goal to complete at least one project.
I recently found some amazing gadgets/tool such as sewing machine for kids from an interesting craft shop, San Merinos, it really got my child and her cousins interested. Now they can make their own toys and create gifts for their friends. Apparently many of their products are made in Japan(good quality and of some standard). The Japanese really have a creative way to make things simple, fun and attractive. The children got really excited and happy when they completed their "project".
Mummies should really consider encouraging your children to have a shot at sewing/knitting, even boys should learn this life skill so that they can fix their own buttons and clothes or even knit their own winter wear/cardigan. You'll be surprised to discover what they can create.. Believe me, you'll also feel the sense of pride when they start fixing their own lose buttons/zips/toys. Plus, it really occupies their holiday time. The key is to make it as fun a project as possible :D Cheers!
I absolutely agree. My kids love sewing, since my grandma taught them. Funny thing - as for now, my girl kinda lost her enthusiasm (and sew only by hand and when she need to make another dress for her new doll), but my boy is making progress, even though he's quite young. For instance, I was 16 when I started.
I just sew up the machine for him, sat him down and showed him only basics - straight lines, watch the lines not the needle and let him have scraps and more scraps, nothing fancy. But since he wants to become a forester, he just like the idea of making his future equipment by hand.