using a sewing machine at home

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.
Czeec80
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: using a sewing machine at home

Post by Czeec80 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:14 am

Electric sewing machine is so convenient for making small DIY projects.. I'm learning a lot of fun projects using sewing machine through online tutorials..

LucyL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by LucyL » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:14 pm

We also have one too. It's an heirloom from my grandmother. I think the brand is Singer and it has this pedal. My brother and I used to play with that old sewing machine. We imagine that we are riding a car and that round shape wheel-like thing on the sewing machine is the steering wheel. I know that it is still working fine but no one in the family has the spare time to use it even for a dress repair.

jho48109
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jho48109 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:51 am

We saw this cute electric sewing machine and we are interested in buying one. However, we wanted to check with the group if has anyone tried to use this machine before. How was the quality? Will it last long?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:87

Post by Estéema » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:23 am

Does anybody knows if there are sewing classes conducted in SG? Appreciate yr recommendations.

rebecca12
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by rebecca12 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:19 pm

I used to have a sewing machine and I think that it's great. If you have kids, it's a great way to spend time together and your child can gain new skills. My old one broke, and I'm looking for a new one. Which sewing machines do you have?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:235

Post by slmkhoo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:18 am

rebecca12 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:19 pm
I used to have a sewing machine and I think that it's great. If you have kids, it's a great way to spend time together and your child can gain new skills. My old one broke, and I'm looking for a new one. Which sewing machines do you have?
I have a very basic electric Brother machine. Nothing fancy, but I only do basic sewing. There are quite a few models on the market - just google. Spotlight has some on display you can try out.

AminaL
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by AminaL » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:04 pm

My kiddo also has a sewing machine, and I'm o happy to see her satisfied, and what is more, it develops her creativity. Rebecca, if you're looking for a new one, you can take a look at this best kid sewing machine comparison, because it helped me to buy a sewing machine for my daughter, and I think that it might help you as well. Also, you can check not only the characteristics but also all the prices there.