For Focusness and Patience

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.

For Focusness and Patience

Postby ppnqq » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:17 am

:?:

Need to know what type of courses will help to train a pre-schooler to be more focused and patient (esp patience)?

1. Music Lessons like piano/keyboard/violin etc?
2. Abacus
3. Drawing/Painting
4. Phonics
5. Others

Appreciate all feedback. :thankyou:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: For Focusness and Patience

Postby ppnqq » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:54 am

Hi, need feedback from parents who have children in the above courses. Do you notice any changes in your children's concentration level, temperament or behaviour? Appreciate all feedback. TIA.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: For Focusness and Patience

Postby autumnbronze » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi there,

My pre-schooler has enrolled both for keyboard and art lessons. Between the two, I find the the art lessons have really re-inforced his ability to concentrate. As you know, they have to sit thru and complete the drawing. On top of that, there is colouring/painting to be done (neatly). So they have to really sit still and focus on their work.

Initially, he used to complain that all the colouring made his fingers tired, but I persisted and recently, he told me that he is so used to it that he doesn't feel the tiredness anymore.

I mentioned re-inforced because to be honest, what I think is responsible for DS's ability to focus on a task is the fact that I got him to do puzzles as young as 12 mths. So at 2 years, he was attempting puzzles meant for 3 year olds. That to me, really is the clincher that trained him to have the ability to focus and inculcate some measure of patience in him. There were also other factors too, like we had a set routine for him to rely on ie after breakfast learning time, after nap time is play time etc ....

Of course, DS is not perfect. He has moments of being distracted, but its not too difficult to 'direct' him back to his task after some persuasion.

Hope this helps. :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Art & Craft