Any good children art class teacher to learn to really draw.

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.

Any good children art class teacher to learn to really draw.

Postby bbsin » Mon May 28, 2012 1:16 pm

I find that most of the art school are out to make money.

Hardly any good school really teaches the children to really draw.
Anyone has good recommendation..

bbsin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Any good children art class teacher to learn to really d

Postby mika » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:55 pm

mika
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Jasmotherofval » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Ya lor, always see the painting so nice from my dd, I know not her liao... :P
can check out artcrumbsstudio.com I sat in for the lesson and my dd did everything hereself with minimal guidance cause her basics not strong. Now she attend this art sch got improve. I think next time you should sit into art classes your child attend. Just to be safe. Haha

Jasmotherofval
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jpe » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:12 pm

actually, for young kids, the most important things is not to limited their imagination. ie. don't teach them how to draw, just let them draw what they see, and want to draw. the draw skill can be improved over the time by themselves. encourage young kids to draw is better than send them to normal arts class to learn how to draw.

jpe
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sotongdaddy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:21 pm

jpe wrote:actually, for young kids, the most important things is not to limited their imagination. ie. don't teach them how to draw, just let them draw what they see, and want to draw. the draw skill can be improved over the time by themselves. encourage young kids to draw is better than send them to normal arts class to learn how to draw.

agree with you! let your kids imagination run wild and it might be more creative than having the teachers telling them to draw this way, draw that way.

sotongdaddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sun sun sun » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:20 pm

sotongdaddy wrote:
jpe wrote:actually, for young kids, the most important things is not to limited their imagination. ie. don't teach them how to draw, just let them draw what they see, and want to draw. the draw skill can be improved over the time by themselves. encourage young kids to draw is better than send them to normal arts class to learn how to draw.

agree with you! let your kids imagination run wild and it might be more creative than having the teachers telling them to draw this way, draw that way.

Totally agree! My girl likes to draw, she is 5 years old. I have been deliberating whether to send her for art class. I am afraid the teacher will restrict her imagination and creativeness.

sun sun sun
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jpe » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:30 pm

sun sun sun wrote:
sotongdaddy wrote:

Totally agree! My girl likes to draw, she is 5 years old. I have been deliberating whether to send her for art class. I am afraid the teacher will restrict her imagination and creativeness.

one more important thing beside letting kids draw freely is to let them tell you what they are drawing. you will be surprized that your kid is so creative and you can find rich imagination and consideration.

It is the core benefit of arts.

if you see arts class show you a whole wall of drawing with similar pattern. or the kids can draw very beautiful line, shape, pattern, or colour. most likely these class teaches skill instead of creativity. it closes the door of creative mind of your kids.

jpe
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sotongdaddy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 pm

sun sun sun wrote:
sotongdaddy wrote:

DD1 started drawing at 2 with the erasable white board.
Had a mini one hung on her stroller.
Of cos she started with scribbling and slowly improved.
Wouldn't say she is very good but she has her own style.
Check out my profile pic.
DD2 started to draw at 5 too.

sotongdaddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby custard8010 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:58 am

any recommended art teachers for 4 yr old gal?

custard8010
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Strong Mummy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:14 pm

I teach my girl when she was 2. starting with alot of painting and mess to introduce her to colors and mess of course.
The structure of doing art crafts with her was fun n interactive using Themes such like farm themes, faces themes, flower themes and weather themes since she was young.
Whenever we are out, same like SotongDaddy, I bring along a easel whiteboard where she will draw whereever she want.

Her grandma taught arts and I taught art to primary level and sec as an enrichment programmes.
Honestly, I don't really like those art school not because I can teach her and save the $ but I know most of the enrichment centre unlike those academic levels like eng tutions or maths tuitions where children take exam scores and parent will know if they are learning.

When I conducted workshop for the little ones, I don't stress them out with the output they must produce to show their Proud parents. I showed them the raw of what they really can do and of course my gfs laughed as they run their own imagination too when looking at the output.
After all, they are young great aspiration to all great imagination of their world

Art itself is very complex. In school, they are taught the foundation,
To explore their imagination, the best is to let their imagination run wild!

Strong Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Art & Craft