Air Dry Clay

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.

Air Dry Clay

Postby tamarind » Mon May 11, 2009 9:58 pm

I just discovered the wonderful air dry clay. It is so much better than the messy play dough.

I found some instructions in the internet, and I taught my girl to make roses using the air dry clay. It is surprisingly easy ! This photo shows the first rose she made entirely on her own.

Anyone knows any good books or websites for making other things using the air dry clay ?

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby EN » Tue May 12, 2009 12:25 am

Hellooo... Tamarind.

Have not chat with you for a looooonnggg time. :wink:

That's a very pretty flower for a first timer. I did my first clay when I was in secondary two. I use small coke bottle to hold the ladies dress and added the head, hair, hands and other accessories using smaller cut clay and paste it on. Have to admit, didn't turn out well.

I bought the white clay last year for my kids too. Errr.....can't post the pictures here cause you all will die of :rotflmao: looking at it. But, it is fun thing to play and we all had fun.

Same as you. Interested to know any good books for children or website on clay making. Something to do during the June holidays.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Tue May 12, 2009 12:47 am

These are also non-toxic air dry clay with some ideas what you can make:

http://www.x-ordinary.biz/gallery5.htm

This is what we play with.

Postby tamarind » Tue May 12, 2009 7:01 am

ks2me wrote:These are also non-toxic air dry clay with some ideas what you can make:

http://www.x-ordinary.biz/gallery5.htm

This is what we play with.

Thanks for the website. Very nice !

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tamarind » Tue May 12, 2009 7:03 am

EN wrote:Hellooo... Tamarind.

Have not chat with you for a looooonnggg time. :wink:

That's a very pretty flower for a first timer. I did my first clay when I was in secondary two. I use small coke bottle to hold the ladies dress and added the head, hair, hands and other accessories using smaller cut clay and paste it on. Have to admit, didn't turn out well.

I bought the white clay last year for my kids too. Errr.....can't post the pictures here cause you all will die of :rotflmao: looking at it. But, it is fun thing to play and we all had fun.

Same as you. Interested to know any good books for children or website on clay making. Something to do during the June holidays.

EN,
So nice to chat with you again :D

At the moment only our roses look like roses, we tried to make bears and rabbits, they end up like some alien animals :oops:

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smurf » Tue May 12, 2009 11:23 am

may I know where to buy the clay? :?

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tamarind » Thu May 14, 2009 6:02 am

smurf wrote:may I know where to buy the clay? :?

smurf,
I bought it at an arts and crafts shop in Ngee Ann City, directly above Kinokuniya book shop. I forgot the name of the store, it is beside the Better Toy Store. Each packet costs $4.50.

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Thu May 14, 2009 6:34 am

Is it Art Friend, Tamarind?
Err... one SGD $4.50 pack
enuf to make one rose or
not? Trying to gauge the
content in one pack.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tamarind » Fri May 15, 2009 4:25 pm

buds wrote:Is it Art Friend, Tamarind?
Err... one SGD $4.50 pack
enuf to make one rose or
not? Trying to gauge the
content in one pack.

Hi buds,
One pack can make more than 10 roses, each rose about 3cm by 4cm.

I cannot remember the name of the shop, only remember that it is right beside the Better Toy Store.
:D

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cnimed » Sat May 23, 2009 1:12 am

Not exactly for Air dry clay, but this is my one crazy impulse buy:
http://www.amazon.com/Making-Miniature- ... 1861082150

It shows you how to make minature food etc with polymer clay with amazing details - e.g. when you slice the clay lemon open you will really see the segments, the corn on cob will have kernels that are rounded and protruding. Don't ask me why I bought this book, but it is such armchair fun. :wink:
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Art & Craft