which art school is good for 5yr old?

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.

which art school is good for 5yr old?

Postby elmo_barney » Mon May 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi parents out there. Does your kids attend art school? Pls recommend which art school is good for my 5yr old boy pls? :)

elmo_barney
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: which art school is good for 5yr old?

Postby struggling » Tue May 15, 2012 9:41 pm

elmo_barney wrote:Hi parents out there. Does your kids attend art school? Pls recommend which art school is good for my 5yr old boy pls? :)

I previously sent my daughter to one at Binjai Park.
It was pretty good. She learnt how to organize the table and mix colours within the first lesson.
Just can't seem to remember the name ...
I think it was called something Canvass art studio

Hope that helps!
Cheers

struggling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby elmo_barney » Tue May 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks! I will go google. Am staying in hougang, so hope to find a good arts sch near my area. Previously, my son attended arts in community ctr.. too many kids for 1 teacher to teach n handle.

elmo_barney
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jacsplace » Thu May 31, 2012 11:32 am

My children have attended two: Art Zone and Art Loft. Both schools are in the city area and the teacher to student ratio is good.

I found Art Zone to be really focused on the techniques of art, mainly drawing, painting, colouring. Getting the fundamentals like shapes, proportions, color blends, right.

Art Loft seems to do more in contrast because they use different materials and do sculpturing and stuff in addition to drawing and painting.

jacsplace
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby smurfymum » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:17 pm

any comment on globalart?

smurfymum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby elmo_barney » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:29 pm

I have signed them up for classes at Little designers @ Kovan. Just let them try out for one month. :) the class ratio is 1 teacher to 4 kids (abt the same age) which i like as i believe teacher is able to guide and teach better in small grps. hope my kids will learn and enjoy the process. :)
Previously they were at CC drawing class which has 20 kids of diff ages to 1 teacher...

elmo_barney
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby osim » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:03 pm

NAFA

They have a proper curriculum. My dd with them since K2. She likes the class there and wants to continue even in Secondary School if she has time. They don't charge too much, don't do anything flashy to impress parents. Very down to earth and work on age-appropriate art fundamentals.

As the class go higher level, it gets nicer (students more serious) as only those who really love art will stay, making time for art even in PSLE year. Heard a lot quit after P4 due to subject banding in school. So their bloat is usually from kindy to lower primary. Long queue to get in but worth waiting.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby elmo_barney » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:27 pm

I have provided my kids name to nafa early this year. Have to wait till end of year to queue for registration. I know is a long wait n queue as my niece is attending arts in nafa. I shall see if my kids learn something from little designers before year end for nafa. ;)

elmo_barney
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jycheng » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:36 pm

You can call up Vince Music Art Studio for a trial class. They hae a very child-friendly environment and a lot of exciting courses for the kids.

My friend's child went there and she had a lot of fun! She's always looking forward to her weekly class.

jycheng
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Chatwoman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:28 pm

My dd attended Globalart for the last 2 years. She's 6 now. It was good. She learnt how to blend colours and the basic techniques of colouring, drawing and now they added a history of art lesson at the end of every month. But after 1.5 years, I find she didn't progress much and she's getting bored, been asking to stop it.

My friend just opened an art school in Thomson called Heart Studio. It's rather far for me but their program sounds very exciting. I heard that they have students coming from as far as bukit batok cos of their teachers. Here is their website http://www.heartstudiosg.com/

Chatwoman
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Art & Craft