Art class

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.
mummy of 2
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Art class

Post by mummy of 2 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:29 pm

ponyo wrote:Hi Mummy of 2,
Does your DD attend the regular art program at Innovation? Can you share more about your experience? Are the teachers the type that just provide a sketch and expect the kids to follow type? Or do they focus on the techniques?

Hope to hear from you.
Yess DD attends Innovation. Actually I'm not too sure how the lesson is conducted as I have never sat in or really asked DD. But at the end of every lesson she produces something (painting, clay work, lantern, puzzle) and I find that the standard of her work is quite high. The teacher will also give feedback on how much was done independently by DD and what she helped DD with. I did share about Innovation in this thread too. Maybe you can look back a few pages.

ponyo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by ponyo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:40 pm

mummy of 2 wrote: Yess DD attends Innovation. Actually I'm not too sure how the lesson is conducted as I have never sat in or really asked DD. But at the end of every lesson she produces something (painting, clay work, lantern, puzzle) and I find that the standard of her work is quite high. The teacher will also give feedback on how much was done independently by DD and what she helped DD with. I did share about Innovation in this thread too. Maybe you can look back a few pages.
Thanks Mummy of 2 for your reply. Another question if you don't mind :?: when I search for Innovation Learning Centre, I got redirected HiArt. Are they the same? :scratchhead:

mummy of 2
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by mummy of 2 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:29 pm

ponyo wrote:
mummy of 2 wrote: Yess DD attends Innovation. Actually I'm not too sure how the lesson is conducted as I have never sat in or really asked DD. But at the end of every lesson she produces something (painting, clay work, lantern, puzzle) and I find that the standard of her work is quite high. The teacher will also give feedback on how much was done independently by DD and what she helped DD with. I did share about Innovation in this thread too. Maybe you can look back a few pages.
Thanks Mummy of 2 for your reply. Another question if you don't mind :?: when I search for Innovation Learning Centre, I got redirected HiArt. Are they the same? :scratchhead:
That I'm not too sure. Sorry.

PhoBIA
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by PhoBIA » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Imami wrote:Phobia, what kind of art class do your kid's attend? How long have they been attending and what makes you think the art classes are behind the neat handwirign?

I am quite lucky. My kids school has art enrichment run by nimble fingers nimble minds. They have a art studio at east point. It's run in the school after the official school hours.
My older boy handwriting was ok to start with. But after attending art class, his spatial awareness improved. His chinese handwriting improved gradually. I have no idea if the art class helped or if he gradually outgrown.

In my younger child, it was pretty obvious progress. He's in nursery this year. The first 6 months, he can't write 90% of the alphabets. Can't even write his own name to may dismay. His handwriting was yaks! During the June holidays, I gave him plenty of dots to dots( kill 2 birds with 1stone; at the same time teach him the numbers too) and maize exercises for preschooler instead f the a-z alphabets tracing. Now at term 4, he suddenly can write all the alphabets. The handwriting become smaller and neater. Apparantly, his penmanship has improved tremendously. Instead of drawing only circles, he could draw stick man. happy for his progress.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:39

Post by Imami » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:59 pm

I sent my kid today a trial lesson at innovation art at their bt Merah outlet. It is not actually a branch, rather more like they operate out of a partner's outlet.

The shop front looks disappointing actually. While u can tell that it is a place conducting art lessons, there is no sign board and the place lacks "packaging". Many art work framed up and on display though.

The staff were all very surprised when I said my kid would be here for a trial. It turned out that their boss forgot. Hmm... I tell u the first impression is no good lor.

But. But but hor.... 30 min into the lesson, my kid produced a good piece of drawing, painted with poster colours! I can see the teacher can teach, is patient and can connect with my kid. I also sense my kid's receptiveness to the teacher's guidance, his ability to follow the teacher's instructions and the end result of their collaboration (the art work).

I am really v impressed w the teacher because my son just know how to "anyhow doodle", dirty/mess up the water colours, break the crayons but in this lesson, he actually produced something I can show someone!

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:5

Post by titank » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:14 am

mummy of 2 wrote:DD attends art class at Innovation Learning Centre. The main branch is at Marine Parade. DD goes to the newer one at Bt Merah.

Care to share this Art Centre the fees structure? Very few Art schools in Bukit Merah. :pray:

mummy of 2
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by mummy of 2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:58 pm

$360 for 12 lessons. 1.5 hours. No material fee or anything extra.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:328

Post by phtthp » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:54 pm

mummy of 2 wrote:$360 for 12 lessons. 1.5 hours. No material fee or anything extra.
$30 per Art lesson.
mummy of 2 - how you find the one at Marine Parade ?

mummy of 2
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by mummy of 2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Sorry I never tried the one at marine parade but my DD's teacher is the boss. I think she's good.

stacey_berry
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by stacey_berry » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Anyone send their kids to wow studio along upper Thomson rd?