Art class

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.
karenmok
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Art class

Post by karenmok » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:22 pm

sleepy wrote:My dd attended one block of holiday classes at Palin in Bras Basah. 6 sessions.
Quite flexible in terms of syllabus. Teacher taught her sketching still objects such like fruits & watering can.

Hi, how flexible are they about syllabus? How patient is the teacher? Is it a group class or private lessons? Price tag? Please help me understand.

lisgusmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by lisgusmom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:40 pm

My kids attended a graphic art workshop during the June holidays and they totally enjoy it. What I like about the class is the kids are given freedom of choices to create their personal unique art pieces and at the same time learn about the concept of graphic art.

I think you can find out more from the facebook site : www.facebook.com/juniorgraphicplayground

jce
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by jce » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:18 am

Little Designers (or what is now known as Artary Kids) has a studio at Kovan and Parkway. Good size group with young teachers who are bubbly and works well with kids. Charges $120 for 4 lessons, materials included. There are themes each month.

Charmaine mama
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Charmaine mama » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi All,

I would like to send my child (4yrs old) to art class around queenstown. Did anyone stay around here and have good recommendation?

lovinglife
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:3

Post by lovinglife » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Anyone tried Vince Music Art Studio before?

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Post by ImMeeMee » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Has anyone tried Pibilotti Art? Please let me know feedback if any.

TIA.

izmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by izmum » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:31 am

My son has been with Heart Studio for a year. They have the best team of teachers working together, bonding you don't see everywhere. Unfortunately, ds doesn't want to continue with the class as he prefers only drawing. I have submitted the withdrawl heavy-heartedly. If there's a chance, we'll be back, for sure.

We went to Innoworld Fine Arts in Serangoon for a trial. Ds likes it there as he gets to draw. And another plus point is the teacher speaks Chinese. We thought ds would switch off halfway, but he told us he liked the teacher and the drawing, asked us to pay for the classes.

Before I sign us on, I would like to check if there's other drawing only classes available near Serangoon area?

Misty Rain
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Misty Rain » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi izmum,

How old is your ds when he started with Heart Studio? Can you share what kind of activites your ds did there besides drawing? My ds is turning 4 next year. I am thinking of an art class for him.

izmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by izmum » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi Misty Rain,

He joined Heart Studio when he turned 3. The classes are by project. About 3 weeks for a project. 1st week story and basic drawing of the theme. 2 weeks for painting. You'll be impressed, all the kids produce different masterpiece although the theme is the same.

You may want to arrange for a trial for your ds. :-)

Misty Rain
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Misty Rain » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:36 am

Izmum, I just popped by the website and it certainly looks interesting. Will arrange a time to bring my ds down for a trial. Thank you!