Knitting, Sewing, Handicrafts: Useful lifeskill

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.
RoastChickenDance
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:6

Re: Knitting, Sewing, Handicrafts: Useful lifeskill

Post by RoastChickenDance » Sun May 26, 2019 5:02 pm

Handmade Heartmade (Community Sensory Mat Sewing Project)
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/handmade-h ... 9431850264

Joanne25
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Joanne25 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:48 am

A cute DIY project to start with your kids would be sewing buttons. It is just simple and easy and it's really fun! Here's a link for some tutorials.
https://maureencracknellhandmade.blogsp ... s-101.html

kimmy4
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by kimmy4 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 am

Why is it important that we teach kids to sew?
Not only will they be able to sew a button back onto their blouse or jacket, but sewing enables them to create their own custom tailored clothing and apparel that they can show off and be proud of. Many children that learned to sew at an early age, have even gone on to make a career in the fashion industry out of it. Whether your child wants to craft their own doll clothes, or make a beautiful blanket that will keep them warm during the winter, teaching them to sew now will give them a life skill that they will use forever.

Gilian039
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Gilian039 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:21 am

My daughter started to learn on how to sew her doll's dresses when she was 8 years old. I have noticed that there is a positive impact on her. Aside from she started to harness her skills in sewing, her creativity in design a dress has also develop. Now that she is 10, should I now ask her to sew simple skirt to that will fit on her? Would that be too much to ask her to do that?