ART ENRICHMENT CLASS

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.

ART ENRICHMENT CLASS

Postby Oveja » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:46 am

Vita Qualitas
I once heard a father telling his friend on the MRT that he sends his son to drawing classes where his DS just sits there and draws anything he likes. The instructor sometimes walk over to his side and give him a few pointers. Nothing fanciful or technical. It's just a matter of Geography. Can't that be done at home? :shock:

What are the elements you look out for in a good art lesson?

Pure enjoyment?
Development of motor skills?
Fostering social skills?
Acquiring knowledge on Art?
Mastering techniques?
What else? :roll:

Oveja
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Qtownmum » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:47 am

My 2 DS go to art lessons with a teacher who used to teach me when I was a teenager. I have personally seen the benefits from attending these classes. I had been trained during these classes to see objects and views from a different perspective, to have better sense of colors and how they compliment or play with each other and most of all to be PATIENT. In the end, I breezed through technical drawing classes, I believe because of my art training. Today, I can pick up a pencil and draw anything I like, very useful skill when you have young kids.

I do not think my boys have in-born talent but still putting them through these classes, hoping they too can pick up what I picked up. Besides, they go to art classes on Friday nights, after a hard week, it is a time to relax their minds. My younger boy (5 years old) has certainly improved his motor skills since attending the classes. Killing many birds with one stone?

Qtownmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby checkered » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:28 am

Hi qtownmum,

sound interesting! can have the contact of the teacher your child is learning from?

checkered
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby chrismei » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:59 am

Hi qtownmum,

I have been sourcing art lessons for my girl but most centres take in children from 4 yrs and above. Purpose is to train her to be patient and sit through the lesson which is very important when she start schooling.

Any ideas for children aged 3?

Thanks

chrismei
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Lock » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:13 am

Hi all,
I am also looking for art enrichment for my 8 yr old dd. I am looking for teacher/center that can teach her techniques in drawing, painting etc...on top of the usual creative stuff.

Any recommendations?

Lock
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Artbeaucoup » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:16 am

:D

Artbeaucoup
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: ART ENRICHMENT CLASS

Postby mumatwork » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Oveja wrote:Vita Qualitas
I once heard a father telling his friend on the MRT that he sends his son to drawing classes where his DS just sits there and draws anything he likes. The instructor sometimes walk over to his side and give him a few pointers. Nothing fanciful or technical. It's just a matter of Geography. Can't that be done at home? :shock:

What are the elements you look out for in a good art lesson?

Pure enjoyment?
Development of motor skills?
Fostering social skills?
Acquiring knowledge on Art?
Mastering techniques?
What else? :roll:

Apart from those that you have mentioned,
i think the process of learning art is as important.
Don't just focus on the final art work
e.g
- How well your child can imagine
- His/her creative abilities
- Uniqueness of a child's art work from the classmates or even the teacher

mumatwork
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Monster Mummy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi,

I am totally agreed with what you said.

Initially when i send my son to learn art. My main objective is to let him pick up the basic drawing. After he completed his elementary art, initially i think of let him to drop off. But later when his art teacher talk to me, i have to agree with what he is mentioning.

It is the learning process that are cultivating the children in creativeness and every children got their individual uniqueness at art work.

Monster Mummy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Art & Craft