Hansart

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.

Hansart

Postby raisintan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:39 am

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with Hansart? Their website is http://www.hansart.com.sg The good thing about their art lessons is that it's flexi-hour, u can pop by anytime during their operating hours. Appreciate any feedback.

raisintan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

hansart

Postby happy to be mum » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:26 am

Hi Raisintan,

I signed my boy for Hansarts recently. Initially I was quite pleased with the flexi hours, I am still pleased with it. However I think i am going to stop cause the teachers have been changed the 3rd time! I guess I need to look for another art class, any recommendations?

happy to be mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Happygolucky » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:27 am

My kids attended for a while.
Pros : flexible hour and kids get to draw whatever they want within a certain guideline.
Cons: Child may not be getting enough attention when there are too many children.(once, my boy ended up doing tracing). Fees more expensive now and don't really think the standard is that high.

Nonetheless, my kids did enjoy their lessons there. A good place to de-stress though.

Happygolucky
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mariadcruz » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:30 pm

How much are the fees there?

I send my kids to Lifelong (www.ljourney.com) in Katong Mall for art. Am happy as long as she is happy, showing me her artwork each time :)

Good thing is I leave my kids at Katong Mall for their enrichment for most of the weekends.

Happygolucky wrote:My kids attended for a while.
Pros : flexible hour and kids get to draw whatever they want within a certain guideline.
Cons: Child may not be getting enough attention when there are too many children.(once, my boy ended up doing tracing). Fees more expensive now and don't really think the standard is that high.

Nonetheless, my kids did enjoy their lessons there. A good place to de-stress though.

mariadcruz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby raisintan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:34 am

hi happy to be mum,
for the outlet that i went, i understand there are 3 teachers on duty. so it depends on which teacher is on duty when we drop our kiddo at flexi timings. i guess one of the the pros of having different teachers is exposure to various styles

hi happygolucky,
i was told by the teacher one of the works is to do tracing. probably too challenging for a young child to draw that piece of work on his/ her own. i guess in a typical art class, there will be times when the child is left on their own while the teacher goes round guiding other kids

hi mariadcruz,
every new student has to go thru 2 modules of 3 lessons each, $55/- per module. thereafter, regular lessons (also flexi timing) at $55/- for 4 lessons. what about lifelong's?

raisintan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby KS_me » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:40 pm

I also recently enrolled my boy in. Next week will be his 3rd lesson. First lesson, they started him off with coloring circle from inner to outer row using diff color to see his skills + draw what he like and dislike. Second lesson he is told to copy a picture of a leave + ladybird. I enrolled DS due to he show interest in art and I've no expectation from him at all. Just to let him pick up something during weekend.

KS_me
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby xjysg » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:42 am

Hi,

May I know how old are your kids? My 6-yr-old has been with Hans Art for almost a yr, and we recently decided to stop his lessons there. He came back with art pieces that he traces because he told the teacher that he can't draw and we feel the teacher did not have a good assessment on his skills and just based on his words. But I may consider sending in my younger one when he turns 4 next yr as I find tracing is good for a younger age.

.ky.

xjysg
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby KS_me » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:48 pm

xjysg wrote:Hi,

May I know how old are your kids? My 6-yr-old has been with Hans Art for almost a yr, and we recently decided to stop his lessons there. He came back with art pieces that he traces because he told the teacher that he can't draw and we feel the teacher did not have a good assessment on his skills and just based on his words. But I may consider sending in my younger one when he turns 4 next yr as I find tracing is good for a younger age.

.ky.

Hi,
My boy 7 yo. He can't draw nice picture either. His best drawings are "robots"... all the fix shapes pictures.

The person-in-charge told me that most of the child joins with the same skill. small drawings forms by shapes. Free hands for them is a challenge. Thus, they'll let DS copy pictures on his own first but guidiance will be needed if he can't draw.

KS_me
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Art & Craft