Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts - Kinder Art class

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.
Beatrice_NoQ
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts - Kinder Art class

Post by Beatrice_NoQ » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:34 pm

Art is definitely the window to creativity. It allows kids to express themselves in ways that words cannot, and for a lot of kids, this is especially apparent as they don't know as many words as adults do. So art is kind of an 'outlet'.

How are the classes for a 6 year old? Do you think the teachers are good? I'm concerned about teachers who may 'stifle' creativity cos everyone has a different perception about art, after all..

Pageboy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Pageboy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:29 am

Autumn bronze

Can you pm me the contact no of this tutor too?

Thank you

CK0917
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by CK0917 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Autumnbronze,
Can you pm me the contact & price for the art tutor also? Thanks!!

cool_hi
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by cool_hi » Mon May 19, 2014 11:11 am

hi, all..
my son been attending Nafa K1 art class, sat 2.30pm, since Jan this year..
BUt urgently need to change to Sunday 1pm,
Due to sudden abrupt disbanding of my DD's sat gr3 ballet class!!
(we were only given notification just 1 week before payment of fees due!!!),
we were only given 2 timings on sunday to choose from,
and we could only take sunday 1pm,which is still super duper disruptive as both kids have Chinese on sunday 11am-1pm, which cannot be refunded even if given 1 month's notice..will have to stop the Chinese class from Aug, as fees paid till Aug:(
It's creating a whole load of mess :(
And this is NOT the 1st time, NAFA DAnce department impose such last minute drastic changes, to their OWN convenience, disregarding parents and children's inconvenience and negative impact(like sudden change of teachers etc)....feedback, complain, email...all also useless :( they make the decisions..(may) apologise to u, but say no choice...that's it!! sigh!!

Oops..Sorry for the ranting!!

If any parent would like to swop their k1 art sunday 1pm class with my son's Sat 2.30pm,
kindly PM me..even in mid of next term is also ok for us!!
Then we can both email NAFA Art stating our wish to swop, with our kids' details!

Many Thanks in advance!!

butterwaffles
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by butterwaffles » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:52 am

I was thinking about the dance class for my gal. Now that u mentioned the dance classes timings are always changing, its making me think twice ^^

I've gostudentsletter from NAFA about the registration of the art classes in Dec. Is it true that the kinderart classes (for 5yos) are big? 1 teacher : 20 students?

taurbear
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by taurbear » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:37 am

any one queuing for this year? how much earlier should we go to Q?

butterwaffles
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by butterwaffles » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:41 pm

I'm having second thoughts as the ratio is abit scary. 1:16 or 18 depending on the size of the classrooms. Thou an assistant teacher will be present as well. Not sure if 1:8 is a good enough ratio. But the fees are very reasonable.

butterwaffles
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by butterwaffles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:18 pm

I am giving up the slot for my boy. He has started his art classes with Artary. The ratio is alot better and i think at his age, i will prefer a lower ratio :) Good luck to all parents who are queuing this round!

disneymummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by disneymummy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:34 am

Hi Ladies

Anyone going this sat for registration? I will be going alone. who is going for the registration? i sounded so kaisu. thinking to go in a group so we can help each other to look after if we need to buy food or go toilet. lol... pls pm me.

peter1818
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by peter1818 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:11 pm

disneymummy wrote:Hi Ladies

Anyone going this sat for registration? I will be going alone. who is going for the registration? i sounded so kaisu. thinking to go in a group so we can help each other to look after if we need to buy food or go toilet. lol... pls pm me.
I shall be going too :xedfingers: