Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts - Kinder Art class

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.
LokeTan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts - Kinder Art class

Post by LokeTan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Dear parents,
I am an art teacher with more than 10 years of teaching experience in visual arts. I am offering 1-to-1 lessons (or max 2 students/ session) to ground the child in:
-basic technical skills
-understanding elements and principles of art
-looking at and understanding artists' works
-manipulation of medium (pencils, charcoal, colour pencils etc)
-experimentation with mediums and papers
-sculpture
-developing your own styles, working thematically and developing ideas

Suitable for primary-JC students.
Please email me at loketan75@gmail.com for rates and available slots. Thank you!

mama lim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mama lim » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:14 pm

limyingxi88 wrote:Hi, is there any chance to meet the teachers before deciding to sign up?
Some of the teachers are there to help out during the registration, but not all. But I don't think the purpose is meet-and-greet. :lol:

beadedbanana
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by beadedbanana » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:12 am

I wished we had read about this post before we joined the queue for NAFA Junior arts. I think many of you are too kind. We have been there for one semester and pulled our daughter out because the teacher is horrible, the administration practice is primitive and there is no liaison between teachers and parents. For all the queueing and massively journey to get there weekly, I don't know that my daughter gets very much out of it. Every child comes out carrying the same picture. There isn't much interpretation. My daughter said she wanted to draw a dinosaur but was told, can only draw cat or dog. The teacher's face is always black, and the kids are terrified of her. She gets angry if the kids are late, even though it's probably their parent's fault, they are only 5yo. The ratio of staff to kids 18:1 (plus one Teaching assistant, that keeps changing). My advice is: if you are thinking of queueing at NAFA and your child loves art, bring them elsewhere where the teacher is invested in making them love it more, not here.