Drawing on Right Side of Brain - review

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.

Drawing on Right Side of Brain - review

Postby karenmok » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Hello Kiasu parents,
Has anyone sent their kid to this place?

The website is very impressive, but so is their fee. I am looking for kiasu parents in Singapore with firsthand experience of this place.

Needless to say, we need to ensure that our money is spent wisely.

Re: Drawing on Right Side of Brain - review

Postby beanbear » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi, I've attended this workshop myself in Australia with a certified instructor.

I love Betty Edwards approach to learning. I had a-ha moments about perception and seeing things for what they are and then translating into paper. It's a bit hard to describe what the process is like but I would say I spent 8 hours drawing for 5 days and at the end of the 5 days, I was able to draw my own portrait.

That said, this way of learning to draw for amateurs and the level of detail in the process may be "painful" for those who want to be able to draw in a hurry.

It really depends on how young your kids are and how open they are to doing the exercises given.

There's a lot of attention to detail and some parts can be highly technical. I'm not sure how the instructors would tailor & customise their approach for kids to make it more accessible to kids.

Return to Art & Craft