All About Table Tennis

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
elishatan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: All About Table Tennis

Post by elishatan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:29 am

Hi,

I'm organising a free table tennis lesson at Woodlands. With vast experiences of coaching table tennis at 10 different schools, Toby is a certified table tennis coach by the Singapore Sports Council.

Not only is he able to coach beginners, he is able to groom them for competition. Under his tutorage, his schooling students' accolades include: Top 6 for B division boys in 2012, Top 6 for B division boys in 2011 and 4th position for C division boys in 2012

Come learn how to play a simple game of table tennis in this session. This class is suitable for primary school children and is a free lesson.

Register early to prevent disappointment: https://www.learnemy.com/sports/table-t ... -woodlands

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:5

All About Table Tennis

Post by titank » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:00 am

Anyone know how good is the Learn To Play at the STTA conprises of 10 lessons? :shrug:

Serendipity
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by Serendipity » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Do school teams start from Pri 3 onwards?

timtamfan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by timtamfan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:00 pm

titank wrote:Anyone know how good is the Learn To Play at the STTA conprises of 10 lessons? :shrug:
I think 'how good' depends on both the child and the coach allocated to. I sent both kids to Toa Payoh (Oct2012) with contrasting outcome. If the child has good motor skills already then he/she will benefit more as the learning will be faster. But it's only for 10 lessons and covers only the basics. I think not uncommon for kids to repeat the LTP program (there were 2 'repeaters' in my girl's class then). If there is serious intention to pursue the sport further, I feel better to start with private coach straight away, or go to one of the regional zone training centres (if the child is young enough). Better to learn good fundamentals from the start.

ski
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by ski » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Dear parents with kids in school team,

School team players train at least 3 times a week in school after school hours. If they also join STTA Zone training which is 3 times a week, this will be on top of the school training. I am just curious how do your kids find time to manage both school and STTA zone trainings plus school work and other activities? May be they sleep around midnight in order to complete homework etc? Really curious. Any parents can share their experiences? Thank you.

Serendipity
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Serendipity » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:21 pm

ski wrote:Dear parents with kids in school team,

School team players train at least 3 times a week in school after school hours. If they also join STTA Zone training which is 3 times a week, this will be on top of the school training. I am just curious how do your kids find time to manage both school and STTA zone trainings plus school work and other activities? May be they sleep around midnight in order to complete homework etc? Really curious. Any parents can share their experiences? Thank you.
I wonder too. Any parents care to share their kids' experience? Thks!

timtamfan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by timtamfan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:22 am

Sorry to change topic - I have two extra rubbers that I can sell away at cost to interested parents (DHS Hurricane 3 and Donic JO Gold Max). These are commonly used rubbers for fore and backhand. They are unopened in original packaging and should be cheaper than that available in stores. Just PM me separately.

kychua
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by kychua » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:04 pm

Following!

Serendipity
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Serendipity » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:45 pm

What's the price range of a bat suitable for an intermediate player?

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:29

Post by Imp75 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:20 am

ski wrote:Dear parents with kids in school team,

My P5 daughter is also in competitive sports, though not TT. School training 2x a week 3hours and weekend enrichment training 2x a week also 3 hours. Competition season, school training increases to 3x a week. In this March holiday, trainings + enrichment trainings increased to 6x a week. I opted her out of JSA as JSA would mean an additional 2x a week training for her.

I think for such busy children, we should adjust our academic expectations for them. My girl still sleeps at 9 (latest 10pm) every night. I just make sure she is able to finish all her schoolwork. I don't assign additional hw as I know she doesn't have time to do (she has dance activities as well). Naturally her results are not stellar (but still 80s) but I am not complaining because I know this is what we should expect if we want a balanced childhood for her.