For a fractured jaw:
* Close your mouth and secure the jaw with a necktie, towel, or scarf tied around your head and chin.
* Hold an ice pack against the fractured bone.
For a broken or loose tooth:
* Apply a cold compress to the area to reduce swelling.
* Save any broken tooth fragments. Put them in a jar with milk or wrap them in a wet cloth.
* Take them to the dentist.
If your tooth has been knocked out:
* Rinse the tooth with clear water.
* If possible (and if you’re alert), gently put it back in the socket or hold it under your tongue. Otherwise, put the tooth in a jar with milk or wrap in a wet cloth.
* If the gum is bleeding, hold a gauze pad, a clear handkerchief, or a tissue tightly in place over the wound.
* Try to get to a dentist within 30 minutes of the accident.