Kendo

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Kendo

Postby lchunleo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi all,

i am researching to see if there are kendo classes for kids. Any informatino or comments on this? Thanks

Any one here has enrolled their child to kendo lesson?

lchunleo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Kendo

Postby FMz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:34 pm

lchunleo wrote:Hi all,

i am researching to see if there are kendo classes for kids. Any informatino or comments on this? Thanks

Interesting choice. :D

I was looking for an art to practice when I was posted to Japan few yrs back, Kendo being one of thee shortlisted, but a Jpnese friend advise me against with a simple reason "how to defence without a ken?"

Went ahead with aikido, which derive the moves from kendo and practice weapon like kanto, Jo and Boken.

my kid is picking it up now

FMz
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lchunleo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:35 pm

FMz wrote:
lchunleo wrote:Hi all,

Interesting choice. :D

I was looking for an art to practice when I was posted to Japan few yrs back, Kendo being one of thee shortlisted, but a Jpnese friend advise me against with a simple reason "how to defence without a ken?"

Went ahead with aikido, which derive the moves from kendo and practice weapon like kanto, Jo and Boken.

my kid is picking it up now

from my understanding kendo does not necessary having a kendo stick, a broom or anything that acts like a kendo stick will be adequate...actually i am looking into kendo is because it trains the mind and physical for oneself..

lchunleo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby FMz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:13 pm

lchunleo wrote:from my understanding kendo does not necessary having a kendo stick, a broom or anything that acts like a kendo stick will be adequate...actually i am looking into kendo is because it trains the mind and physical for oneself..

yup, u r rite abt the ken... but wat my friend want to stress is... wat if there is nuthing physical, to utilise....

if its for inner training, then its to individual.

I was at the Japanese Association few months back for Aikido, saw they had Kendo class as well, maybe u want to check with em?

FMz
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics