Any sport to increase focus & concentration

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Any sport to increase focus & concentration

Postby Ljas1370 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi ChiefKiasu,

Wondering whether you could help. I'm looking for a sport that can help my son to stay focus and increase his concentration. Any good suggestions. Yoga or ??? . Any good yoga centre for kids? can recommend? Thanks for your help

Ljas1370
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Any sport to increase focus & concentration

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:33 pm

Ljas1370 wrote:Hi ChiefKiasu,

Wondering whether you could help. I'm looking for a sport that can help my son to stay focus and increase his concentration. Any good suggestions. Yoga or ??? . Any good yoga centre for kids? can recommend? Thanks for your help

I'm no expert in sports, but I have always thought that all physical sports, by definition, helps the brain focus. Even a simple activity does that... come on... we must be thinking of something as we are running for 20mins! In fact, some times we can be so deep in thought that we forget about the physical exersion we are doing.

That said, if you are looking for something more, um, "concentrated", you can try yoga or taichi. Here's an old thread and here's a link for YogaKids (I never tried it myself). Or you can just buy a Wii Fit and undergo e-self-learning :wink: .

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Any sport to increase focus & concentration

Postby esther1978 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Try these guys Tinytots (tinytots.com.sg), they run a great programme for young kids!

esther1978
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics