All About Sports Clothings, Shoes, Equipment

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Gymnastics leotards & shorts

Post by Funx3 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:30 am

Fongg wrote: Hi Funx3,
How is BazGym? I am looking for a gym for my kids..they are in gym in school but other that, they are not in any outside gym. Is BazGym suitable for kids like that?
Hi Fongg,
BazGym has open this New premise at SAFRA JURONG in May last year. Place is New, Clean and Windy. Full set of Newly Installed Gym Equipment. Mr Sng, the Owner, is very Helpful and Approachable. They R pretty busy during weekends and has both Chinese and Local coaches, with many classes for pre-schooler and older kids.

By the way, how Old R your kids? R they into Recreational or competitive Gym? Anyway U could attend Trial Class at BazGym, just pay $10 for the trial session to see how your kids like it.

My Gal is in P5 and is training in BazGym for competitive Gym early this year. Due to her school's dropping Artistic Gym as CCA, a group of us - school's parents have approach BazGym Mr Sng to tailor a Gym program to enable them to participate in the Inter-school Competition this year. I must say that Mr Sng is very supportive of this sports.

Many of my gals' gym mate is still training there now. Some parents like it there becoz while the kids R training, they can use the SAFRA facilities like swimming Pool, etc. Also Got Jack's Place, Han's, a 4-storey kids playgrd.... My Gal's favourite is the Air-con Japanese "Hawker" Food Courts where they sell Sushi, Teriyaki chicken / beef bento sets / burgers, and other yummy Food.
Highly Recommended - at Air Cond Hawker Centre Pricing only .....
Or Parents could shop at nearby Jurong Point ....

With regards to Bishan Sports Hall, it is temporarily closed (for 1 yr already, to prepare for YOG, and use for YOG Gym events), so sports activities there could have been relocated to other venues. But I heard recently that the Hall may be re-opening again sometime around mid-Oct. U could try calling S'pore Sports Council / Bishan Sports Hall to enquire about their latest programe and timing for training.

As for Qiaoya, she's no longer teaching in Bishan Sports Hall, but has set up her own Gym last year - " Raffles Gym" in Salvation Army Bukit Timah. 2 of My Gals' Gym Mate is training there now. Premises is Air-con with New Gym Equipment.

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Gymnastics leotards & shorts, Gym Clubs

Post by Funx3 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:31 am

Sorry, Accidentally Submitted Reply twice .....
Keyboard Button Stuck .....

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by i3mum » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:59 pm

HI Funx3,

Thanks alot, I managed to get them online from US. :)
Funx3 wrote:My Gal attended BazGym at Jurong SAFRA early this year - the Gym does sell Gym shorts for <S$10.
For Gym Leotard, U could approach their office staff to check on available size / pattern.

Their web site :
http://www.bazgym.com/contact.html
Tel : 6256 8191

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by i3mum » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:03 am

Hi Faun,

Thank you, I can find out more about the Sonata Rainbow Dancewear shop.

I have heard of the Bishan Sports hall gymnastics lesson too. But heard that the classes are only available for weekday, no weekend classes, which I can't send my kids for the lesson.

Faun wrote: There is a shop Sonata Rainbow DanceWear located at Orchard Plaza #03-05. The sell ballet attire and shoes, leotards, gymnastics wear for boys and girls. I used to ask them to custom make for my dd for her gymnastics wear. You can choose fabric and style. Workmanship is reasonable, may cost around $30 plus. They have ready made ones too but usually quite plain.

I used their service 6 years ago. My dd stop gymnastics long long ago.

Fongg,

For gym class, you can check out the one run by the Sports Council at Bishan Sports Hall. My ds and dd both join them between 4 to 6 years old. It was great. That was many many years ago. Not sure how the place is now. They used China coaches. The kids do 2 hours of gym routine twice a week. The fees was very affordable. Bishan Sports Hall is dedicated for gymnastic and they have the full set of equipments. Even the private kids gym company are renting the place to do their business now.

Dont't expect sweet talk from the coaches like what you get from private ones. The coaches are strict and no-nonsense type. I remember many kids broke down under coach Huang there but he's good. Heard he's mellowed down. Try to get his session, otherwise, get the lady coach, QiaoYa, she is an ex-Olympic competitor representing China. Very sweet lady and more gentle. Not sure if they are still there.

Hope this helps.

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

All About Sports Clothings

Post by Sniper Angel » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Original Title: Swimwear For Kids

Hi All,

Where can I find swimwear for kids around 7-8 years old? I only know of Sun Paradise which carries Arena brand which is rather expensive even there is a sale.

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Swimwear For Kids

Post by LKVM » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Sniper Angel wrote:Hi All,

Where can I find swimwear for kids around 7-8 years old? I only know of Sun Paradise which carries Arena brand which is rather expensive even there is a sale.
I go to Kiddy Palace or there is small neighbourhood shop too..

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by musette » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:29 pm

If you can wait, Arena will be having a warehouse sale on 24-28 Nov 2010 at their premise in Henderson Industrial Park.

Usually during the sale, the swimwears are heavily discounted.

raynreg
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by raynreg » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Do you have the exact address of this warehouse sales? I'm keen to pick up some swim wear for my kids. Thanks

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:30

Post by qms » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:12 pm

217 Henderson Rd, #01-01
Henderson Industrial Park

Tel : 6278 0198

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by mrswongtuition » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:26 pm

What type of swimwear are you looking for?
Thermal swimwear or just normal swimwear.
Your kids are already 7-8 yo, should not be needing thermal swimwear unless their lessons are at night?

Usually for swimwear, they are made from Lycra.
Lycra will spoil with time and swimwear from sales usually are past season's stocks which they are trying to clear.

I used to think that can just get *any* swimwear (as long as cover the *parts* will do).
However, after finally investing in a good swimwear for my boy (I think it was $60), my mindset changed.

With better quality swimwear for my boy came comfort for him.
Comfort in his swimwear also meant that he was more 'open' to swimming then he previously was.

Seeing the vast changes in him after we invested in the swimwear made me regret not getting a good one in the first place.

Anyway, my mum also believed in good swimwear. She always brought us to Taka/Robinson during member sale to get our swimwear.
My mum's fave: Arena.

You can also try other sports shops.
For girls, it's best to get those with 'crossback' designs (prevents the costume from slipping off easily).