Singapore Sports School - Swimming Lessons

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Swimming lessons at Singapore Sports School

Post by swimironkids » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:37 am

despmom99 wrote:Is it too late to send P4 and P5 kids for swimming lessons?
I had a one to one adult student a few months back and she was 6months pregnant..her gynae actually advised her to take up swimming...
So it's never too late, now is the time..wait no longer! :smile:

donian
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by donian » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:46 am

Yup, thanks. Will prob drop by to take a look before deciding, thanks!

luanluancao
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by luanluancao » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:52 am

Hi coach, my daughter had been learning swimming for 3 years, she is nearly 6yo now. her coach is actually a private one assigned by happy fish swimming school. however, she had only took stage 1 test so far and her coach said can send her for bronze but he is not intended to send his kids for test in fact. i had no idea what is the reason behind. but somehow i felt speediswim is very structured in their way of getting the kids tested.

I wanted to transfer my girl to speediswim, how do you feel about it. i meant i would wish that she could stay with her current coach cuz he is a very nice guy and we really had built good relationship with him over the years. just that i don't feel comfortbale seeing other kids in the pool are actually taking all the tests stage by stage, whereas my girl had no chance to go for it though she had improved her swimming along the way. please advise what should i do. thanks

Coach Richmond
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Singapore Sports School - Swimming Lessons

Post by Coach Richmond » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi,
I'm a swimming coach teaching for over 10 years. Nowadays, arranging for SwimSafer swimming test and finding the tester is quite difficult especially if it is only 1 student. The cost of arranging the tester down to test only one kid may cost a lot ($30 to $50) unless you don't mind paying more. Some parents prefer to skip the first 3 stages and go straight to the advance level test (Bronze, Silver and Gold) to save cost.

If you prefer not to skip the tests (Stage 1 to 6), I suggest you talk to the coach telling him you want your kid to take all the test. Some kids like to collect all the 6 stages certificate as collection hobby. The coach may suggest gathering some of his students who wish to take the Swimsafer test together so that every students can pay less for the test and certificate. Its better not to change coach since you and your kid are so comfortable with him unless you want your kid to advance to competitive level at Singapore Sport School.

Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Blue Pearl » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:37 am

Thank you for the information Coach Richmond

dkiasu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by dkiasu » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:47 am

Hi,

Any recommendation on swimming lesson in the west? TIA!

lpn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by lpn » Fri May 08, 2015 9:14 am

Hi , can recommendation coach for swimming lesson at bukit batok area? TIA!

Sandra.Ong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Sandra.Ong » Fri May 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi mummies, looking for swimming instructors to coach your kids during June holidays? I would highly recommend ISplash Swim School, swimminglessonscoach.com. Their rates are very affordable and my kids now are finally not scared of the water thanks for their help. You can contact Zhen Hao at 81238985 if you wish to enroll your kids.

88serene
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by 88serene » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:19 pm

Any parent send ther kid to Singapore Sport School for swimming lesson? What's the training centre to contact? Can someone please provide me the name or contact details?

swimming lady
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by swimming lady » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:58 am

lpn wrote:Hi , can recommendation coach for swimming lesson at bukit batok area? TIA!
Are you still looking for a good and patient lady coach in Jurong East ?

Pls contact Jurong Country Club for a free trial lesson today , S&R reception 67086285.