All About Yoga for Kids

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

All About Yoga for Kids

Postby mintcc » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 am

Any one sent their kids to yoga before? They are so naturally flexible. But its kind of slow. wonder is the kids will like it?

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby super_dad » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:50 am

don't think kids will like it....given that most of them can't even sit still.

Just like asking them to join tai chi.
:lol:

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phantom » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:54 am

super_dad wrote:don't think kids will like it....given that most of them can't even sit still.

Just like asking them to join tai chi.
:lol:

Talking about Taichi, my niece and nephew and a bunch of children is taking taichi classes. So I think it depends on where the lesson is crafted for children.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:25 pm

that's some weird niece and nephew you have... :shock:

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:58 pm

super_dad wrote:that's some weird niece and nephew you have... :shock:

Actually, I believe taichi can build up mental discipline in a way similar to yoga. When done properly, it is really good exercise too. It's just not as "glamorous" as things like gym and ballet.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:08 am

Actually there is night Taichi courses in this Unity Primary meant for Children and there is actually children talking those courses. Actually, Taichi for children is not all that slow moving that we used to see, they do other related activities that has alot of physical workout.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:17 pm

Well...I took some tai chi before....and yes, there were small children. One of the expert was apparently a secondary school boy. I think the body uses a lot of energy to maintain balance...therefore, despite the slow movement, it is energy sapping.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phantom » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:02 am

I used to learn Taichi, but stopped after I got kid. It feels good to sweat though.

I suppose yoga and Taichi can be good for kids for them to do some activities that don't get hurt easily.

phantom
Site Admin

YOGA kids

Postby i-mum » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:35 pm

I've sent my ds for attending yoga kids at Toa Payoh Safra when she was in P2 due to her poor concentrations. After attended for 6 mths, she started to show improvement in her concentrations. She joined CO and table tennis in school too. Her concentrations and grades improved after attending the three. So, I think it does help :D

i-mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mother_teresa » Sat May 16, 2009 2:04 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:

Actually, I believe taichi can build up mental discipline in a way similar to yoga. When done properly, it is really good exercise too. It's just not as "glamorous" as things like gym and ballet.

yes yoga and like many other sports promote discipline and the ability for children to take instructions, so it's good to take yoga my friends or pilates if u do not like namaste bit...but must be older like p1 onwards

mother_teresa
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics