All About Yoga for Kids

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
Shanemum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Yoga for Kids

Post by Shanemum » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Yuhua wrote:Check out http://www.ohmsantih.com/courses-fees/k ... singapore/

My 2 boys are still having their classes even after 2 years, best investment me and hubby have made thus far.

They are also part of the media production with Tay Ping Hui & Yvonne Lim and voted as best kids yoga school in Singapore. Definitely worth giving it a try especially its Dec holidays now! Hurray!! :)

http://xin.msn.com/en-sg/video/watch/wo ... c167f144f9

Hey deaar mummy Yuhua! I am happy to hear that. My 3 boys are attending yoga classes with ohmsantih yoga too. I also feel that it is money spend well. One of my boy had scoliosis and he was told to wear back brace. We were feeling very depressed. With god's guidance, we chance upon a road show where ohmsantih yoga teachers shared more about how yoga can help. We were in hesitation of course. All i knew about yoga was touching the toes or being on the head haha. Just 4 sessions with teacher war war, his back straighten significantly. We are just glad, in fact too glad so we enrolled the 2 younger ones too. Anyway, good to see more children benefiting from yoga. Cheerios

Linda.28
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Linda.28 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:14 am

I went to Ohmsantih Yoga school as I saw CNA interviewing the founder, Teacher War War. Initially, we wanted to enrol our DD, however we ended up signing our DS up as well. This school is pretty interesting. The teachers are very patient and we find them very intuitive towards the children. My 2 children refuse to leave the school after the first trial class and I think there is genuinely some positive energy within the school. I also found my DS benefiting a lot from the classes, a good example would be his posture. He is much more aware and now he will never slouch and I can see his effort in trying not to. A big part of their kids yoga course is also the emphasis on mindfulness and the teachers make this concept very fun and interesting. Very often, our DS speaks about the classes to his cousins and at gatherings, he would be very enthusiastically showing what he learnt. I would highly recommend Ohmsantih Yoga Kids Yoga to any parents who might be considering Yoga for your children. Do check them out as passionate teachers and positive vibe giving institutions are pretty rare these days.

Nat_Potato
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Nat_Potato » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Can anyone share with me the differences of Yoga and Pilates?

Nat_Potato
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Nat_Potato » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Any chance there are those holiday only classes to try it out?

marmalade
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by marmalade » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Any recommendation on parent and child yoga lessons in Seng Kang ?

PrimaryParent
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by PrimaryParent » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Jujitsu in Katong area

saimaadnan1965
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by saimaadnan1965 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:11 am

There are many yoga techniques described in ayur yoga asharams web page. you should visit it.

Link: https://www.ayuryoga-ashram.com/

Vanz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Vanz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:48 am

Yoga helps kids to manage stress through breathing, meditation and mindfulness.

tamilse
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re:

Post by tamilse » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Yes you are right. Thanks for the info
ChiefKiasu wrote:
super_dad wrote:that's some weird naiece and nephew you have... :shock:
Actually, I believe taichi can build up mental discipline in a way similar to Yoga Classes In Koramangala. When done properly, it is really good exercise too. It's just not as "glamorous" as things like gym and ballet.

Star-Tutors
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Star-Tutors » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:15 am

Yoga helps calm the mind, and regular practice together with meditation has helped many teenagers focus when studying difficult academic material